Author Topic: Is this possible?- completed  (Read 2478 times)

Offline Abygail

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Is this possible?- completed
« on: Sunday 24 April 05 14:31 BST (UK) »
According to my Granny, her dad (b 1857) was from Mulingore, Carland, Dungannon Co Tyrone. Looking in an Atlas it is geographically impossible (I think anyway) Could a native of the region provide some insight for me? Could make research easier.
Durham - HARDY Ann, Mary, CLARKE William, Elizabeth, DABRON Robert, Thomas, Rhoda >1853
Tyrone- SEETON George, John; COULTER Mary>1919
Clonmel Tipperary - KELLY Daniel b1812 wed in Aust.1849 
Cornwell - Newton on Abbot area SYMON(D)S - George Harvie wife BALSOM(E) Mary b1795
Headford Galway - Bridget KING famine orphan and Tuam Workhouse
  Abygail

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Is this possible?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 April 05 19:33 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Do you mean Mulnagore ? I'm happy enough with Mulnagore, Carland.
It is mentioned a couple of times in the list of Landowners in Co Tyrone, 1876.

Mulnagore is a 291 acre townland in the Barony of Dungannon Middle, Civil Parish of Pomeroy and Poor Law Union of Dungannon.

I am surprised that you were able to find it in an Atlas. Usually you require a large scale map when you are looking for townlands.

Best Wishes, Christopher

Offline Abygail

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Is this possible?
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 May 05 11:14 BST (UK) »
Hello there Christopher,
Thank you, apparently it is plausible. and possible. 
I am not wise to the availability of records in that part of the world, are they as hard to come by as people say here in Australia or have we just been looking in the wrong places?
Apparently great grandfather's parents died c1919 at the age of 92, or close to it.   Influenza outbreak???
It there anyway of locating records to that end.  Sorry I don't know his religion, though he married a presbyterian in 1895.   His wife died 1903 and the girls were 'farmed' out to relatives and not much useful info has lasted the passage of time.
Abygail

Moerator's Note: see this thread for details
Durham - HARDY Ann, Mary, CLARKE William, Elizabeth, DABRON Robert, Thomas, Rhoda >1853
Tyrone- SEETON George, John; COULTER Mary>1919
Clonmel Tipperary - KELLY Daniel b1812 wed in Aust.1849 
Cornwell - Newton on Abbot area SYMON(D)S - George Harvie wife BALSOM(E) Mary b1795
Headford Galway - Bridget KING famine orphan and Tuam Workhouse
  Abygail