Author Topic: Rose Harriett Holloway  (Read 1084 times)

Offline soclaxpm

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Rose Harriett Holloway
« on: Wednesday 04 May 11 20:21 BST (UK) »
Looking for information on a Rose Harriett Holloway she was born approx 1908 in South  Stoneham
Father was Thomas Henry Holloway  In 1935  She married a Leonard P Sayer   in Southhampton

I am trying to see if she had any children with this gentleman  also did she die before 1943

Leonard also known as Lionel  was marrired when he  married  Rose and also went on to have two more wives after Rose

Thanks for any assisitance 

Karen
Sayer,Barnes,Markwick,Goldup, Morley,Diwell,Graham

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Rose Harriett Holloway
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 May 11 00:22 BST (UK) »
Hi

Her actual name was Harriett Rose Holloway although she clearly switched round her christian names as an adult.

Can see no trace of any children from her marriage to Sayer.

However, she obviously reverted back to her maiden name (presumably after she found out the marriage was bigamous) - Rose H. Holloway married Frederick C. Deane in Dec.1941 Southampton.

They appear to have had 2 daughters - as they are likely to be living I cannot name them but you can find them on the FreeBMD website - one birth reg'd Mar.1943 and the other Jun.1946, both in New Forest.   (Both girls married in Southampton in the 1960's).

Harriett Rose/Rose Harriett was born 2/10/1908 and died Nov.2004 Southampton.   Her death entry is listed under both sets of christian names.

Frederick C. Deane died 1969 Southampton aged 70.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline soclaxpm

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Rose Harriett Holloway
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 May 11 00:59 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much this helps   
I figured that she must have dfound out the marriage was not good  This gentleman  married a total of 7 times that I am aware of  three in Scotland  3 in England and 1 In NYC    First wife did not seek a divorce till late 1950  by then he was deceased
Thanks   
Karen

Sayer,Barnes,Markwick,Goldup, Morley,Diwell,Graham