Author Topic: Little London Road, Heeley, Sheffield - help please  (Read 2047 times)

Offline Sandy1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Little London Road, Heeley, Sheffield - help please
« on: Monday 25 April 05 16:18 BST (UK) »
I am looking for a family who lived on Little London Road, Heeley, Sheffield probably in the 1930's & 40's and maybe later. The problem is I don't know their surname!
It is the sister of my grandmother and her husband - their christian names are Harry and May (nee JEWELL) - I am searching for. My grandmother Ethel Jewell married Thomas Hampton and lived in Mexborough. Harry and Thomas were in the army together, Thomas and Ethel married in 1924. Apparently, Harry and May had 2 children, a son and a daughter but that is all I know.

If anyone has access to or can look at the Electoral Register for Little London Road and see if there is a Harry and May living there and give me a surname I would be very grateful. Otherwise I don't know where I could go on from here.
Many thanks
Sue
Tschoeltsch (or Tscholtsch), Krischke from Prussia/Germany
Hampton, Parkes, Tromans from Tipton, Coseley, Woodsetton in Staffordshire.

Offline winston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Little London Road, Heeley, Sheffield - help please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 25 April 05 22:23 BST (UK) »
Hi

do you know when your grans sister was born?

Wendy
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Blakeley in Batley West Yorks
Turner in Hanging Heaton West Yorkshire
Dann last known area Soothill West Yorks
Hirst in Hanging heaton W Yorks
Moss in Morley and Leeds
Parker in Morley W Yorks
Parker in Hull E Yorks
Tilburns in Morley W Yorks

Offline Sandy1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Little London Road, Heeley, Sheffield - help please
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 April 05 08:41 BST (UK) »
Wendy
No, I don't but Ethel Jewell (my grandmother) was born in 1904 (exact date not known either). I am not exactly sure where she was born but it was London/Kent.  I am presuming her sister was born in the same region.  Her father was William Jewell. 
Because I know so little I thought  finding her sister's surname would open another avenue for me to try.
Sue
Tschoeltsch (or Tscholtsch), Krischke from Prussia/Germany
Hampton, Parkes, Tromans from Tipton, Coseley, Woodsetton in Staffordshire.