Author Topic: Jarrett/Gardner marriage/birth, Montgomeryshire  (Read 2069 times)

Offline elizasutton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Jarrett/Gardner marriage/birth, Montgomeryshire
« on: Tuesday 10 May 11 16:14 BST (UK) »
hello, hoping someone can help to confirm some details

Bridget Gardner b.1802 in Wentnor was apparently already a widow when she married John Marston around 1831, her first husband's surname being Jarrett.
I have been unable to locate any marriage details for her marriage to Mr Jarrett or John Marston on IGI.
In the 1841 census, bridget is living with her new husband and children in Churchstoke, living either with her or next door is a Joseph Jarrett b.1829 in montgomeryshire.
I have a feeling that this Joseph could well be her son from her first marriage but I am having trouble finding info to back up my claims.
(again this is a pain as the events take place right on the Shropshire/Montgomery border so some things happen in wales, others in England!)
Can anyone help to shed some light on either marriage or Josephs birth please?

Many thanks,
Liz
Penny. Ipswich,  Suffolk
Harrington, Suffolk
Fallows. Stoke on Trent
Sutton Wolverhampton
Masterson Stoke/ Dublin
Morton, Surrey
Marston. Churchstoke, Montgomeryshire
Harding. Tower Hamlets/poplar. Lnodon

Offline david64

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Snow in Llansilin, 7 Jan 2010
    • View Profile
Re: Jarrett/Gardner marriage/birth, Montgomeryshire
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 July 11 14:12 BST (UK) »
There are a couple of parishes that don't have marriages in that area in the IGI, so you will need to trawl through neighbouring parishes. I Would start with Worthen and Ratlinghope, whose registers are only in the IGI up to 1812.