Author Topic: advice needed mc carney  (Read 3704 times)

Offline gerrybhoy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
advice needed mc carney
« on: Sunday 15 May 11 23:50 BST (UK) »
looking for a marriage between henry mccarney & susan boyle got info from there son's marriage cert that they wed in rockcorry in 1866 they were both RC  .................. also looking for info of henry mccarney mother and father mary hart and john mccarneycan anyone point me in the right direction

cheers and thanks in advance

ger

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: advice needed mc carney
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 May 11 08:09 BST (UK) »
Full civil registration started in 1864, so if Henry and Susan married in 1866, there should be a civil record. The town of Rockcorry is in the registration district of Cootehill.

You can search an index to Civil records on the familysearch website so check for possible marriages. If you find any possible matches you can order certs to check the full details.

see: Introduction to Irish Records

I had a quick search of the marriages in the years near to 1866 for both Susan & Henry's names - but didn't see any matches in or near Rockcorry

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline gerrybhoy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 May 11 22:11 BST (UK) »
hi shane

thanks for the info
but i made a mistake in the post according to his childrens birth certs the wedding was on the 12 of january 1860 in rockcorry co monaghan

cheers ger

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 17 May 11 22:21 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately 1860 is before the start of full civil registration so you would need to check for parish records.

The town of Rockcorry is in the RC parish of Ematris and marriage records go back to 1850, baptisms to 1848. These are available on microfilm Pos. 5578 in the National Library.

Some RC baptism records for the county are available on as transcripts on the pay-website of the Irish Family History Foundation at www.rootsireland.ie, but they dont have any marriages records available yet.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline gerrybhoy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 22 May 11 20:54 BST (UK) »
hi shane
can you search these baptism records using the mother and fathers name

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 22 May 11 20:59 BST (UK) »
Most of the county centres on RootsIreland allow you include  father's first name in your search, and some allow an advanced search which also includes mother's name.

The direct link to the Monaghan RC records is : http://monaghan.rootsireland.ie/

Shane
My Surname Interests