Author Topic: Desparte to find williams parents  (Read 3841 times)

Offline silver12

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Desparte to find williams parents
« on: Friday 20 May 11 11:19 BST (UK) »
Hi guys im trying to find William Healeys parents. William's Birth was about 1804 in Morton, Lincolnshire, England.  Death January 1878 in Grantham, Lincolnshire England. His partner was  Esther Ann Healey -Birth about 1801 In Spalding, Lincolnshire England  Death March 1876 in Leicestershire, Lincolnshire England. I do have William and Esthers marriage and i have there children. If any one can help it would be great been searching for ages and cant get anything cheers Rachel x. Ps ive searched and asked on various forums and not having much look.

Offline portybelle

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Desparte to find williams parents
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 May 11 13:27 BST (UK) »
Do you have a copy of the death record? I don't know about English records but Scottish ones have parents details on death records so I would have expected to find them there. If you don't have it, then I would suggest you order it to see if any clues there. If you've already got that then I'm not sure what you can do. Nothing on the marriage record about parents presumably?
East Lothian/Midlothian
Cowe, Cameron, Storie/Storey, Powell,
McCaskell, Kane/Cain, Howden, Duncan

For OH: East Lothian Ayrshire
Baird, Kyle, Reilly, Routledge
Mackie,Wallace, Wood, Dickson, Burrell, Brown, Darling

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Desparte to find williams parents
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 May 11 15:49 BST (UK) »
English death certificates are useless from the point of view of naming parents unfortunately and the marriage will probably have been pre 1837 so unless the witnesses are family members that is not much help either.    Morton parish registers are on the IGI but it is always worth looking at the original to see if a record has been missed.  Have you done that?
Andrea

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk