Author Topic: Completed SAUNDERS baptisms/burials Rushden/Knebworth look-up please  (Read 6194 times)

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: SAUNDERS baptisms/burials Rushden/Knebworth look-up please
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 17 May 12 10:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter

Thank you very much for checking all that out. I will have to see what I can make of those burials and marriages.

Regards
Jan ;)
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline JONS025

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Completed SAUNDERS baptisms/burials Rushden/Knebworth look-up please
« Reply #10 on: Friday 01 September 17 05:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Janan

I too am researching my Saunders family history who come from Kings Walden and Knebworth. I have managed to get back to around 1730's. I am having a problem as my last affirmative entry is a marriage between John Saunders and Sarah Chalkley in 1753; Shephall, Herts. Looking for John's baptism record I have noted a baptism in 1736; Hitchin, Hertfordshire. I understand he had a brother William. Their parents were John and Mart Saunders or Sanders.

John and Mart Saunders married in 1730 at Knebworth but appear to only have had two of their children recorded. The same John and William.

I noticed you mentioned a will of John Saunders in 1753. Was he living in Knebworth at the time? You also mentioned his wife was Mary. Could it be the same John as the one who married Mart. or Mary?

Be interested to hear from you!!

Regards

Jon

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Completed SAUNDERS baptisms/burials Rushden/Knebworth look-up please
« Reply #11 on: Friday 01 September 17 13:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Jon
Welcome to Rootschat :D

I am only definite as far back as my Wiliam Sanders baptised Knebworth 24 FEB 1724 parents John and Mary. I believe his father John is the one who married Mary Brett in Rushden on 9th Feb 1715 but I still haven't proved this to my satisfaction.

The will of John Sanders farmer of Knebworth proved in 1753 makes bequests to his wife Mary, sons John (who I believe married Sarah Chalkley in Shephall 15 Sep 1753) and William and a grandson John Ilott son of deceased daughter Lettice (Lettice Saunders married Richard Ilott in Shephall 28 Jul 1751) and d in law Mary Bruce (Joseph Ilot married Mary Bruce in Knebworth 30 Nov 1753). Land in Cottered and Datchworth is bequeathed to son William.

Jan
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge