Author Topic: BROME marriage lookup please  (Read 1775 times)

Offline Dissman

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
BROME marriage lookup please
« on: Thursday 26 May 11 21:18 BST (UK) »
I am looking for confirmation, or otherwise, of the marriage, probably in Brome of Susan/Susannah Fairweather/Fareweather to John Long. I have it, from FamilySearch, that Susannah was born, in Brome, in 1828. The marriage would have taken place between 1845 and 1848. I have suitable marriage records for John and Susannah from BMD but am unable, positively, to link them together.

A lookup in the Brome PRs would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Dissman.
Norfolk - Easto Leggett
Suffolk - Easto Leggett
Derbyshire - Eyre

Offline Keziah2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: BROME marriage lookup please
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 31 May 11 08:17 BST (UK) »
Hello Dissman

My search engine gives me a marriage of John LONG/Arthur LONG/John RAYNER to Susannah FAIRWEATHER/Harriet BALLS/Sarah RAINBIRD in the DECQ 1848 Hartismere Ref: 13/1099.  FreeBMD lists the 3 males but only 2 females under that reference.

By a process of elimination from the 1851C it appears that John LONG married Susannah, Arthur LONG married Harriet BALLS & John RAYNER married Sarah RAINBIRD.  Funnily enough they all seemed to be living in Stuston in 1851.

Stuston is adj to Brome both villages are in the Hartismere Reg district.

keziah

ps.  Looks like the right marriage but I wonder how their son George born c1846 Brome comes into the frame - son of John by an earlier marriage/son of Susannah taken on John's surname??

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 31 May 11 15:07 BST (UK) »
Looks like Susans illeg. Son;
George FAREWWEATHER, 08 March 1846, Suffolk BT'S, Suffolk, England
Mother SUSAN Fareweather
(Source IGI Extracted)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 31 May 11 15:25 BST (UK) »
I would still get the Marriage Cert as John may have been Married and Widowed before marrying Susannah Fairweather.

William LONG married Sarah GODDARD, 18 Oct 1823, Stuston, Suffolk
JOHN Long christened 23 July 1824, Stuston, Suffolk to WILLIAM/SARAH

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 31 May 11 15:42 BST (UK) »
Now a family Tree has John LONG marrying Susanna MOTUM and indeed there is a Marriage in Sept 1843, Woodbridge, with both those names on the same page. It is indexed twice with John as John Banloft Long on the second record.
There is also a Birth of a Susanna Motum Long, Sept 1843
Deaths of a Susannah/Susan Long;
June 1845, Woodbridge
March 1846, Deptwade
March 1847, Ipswich
I dont know what happened to Susanna Motum Long though unless she is one of the Deaths.

Trish :)

Offline LunaMizuki

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 16 February 20 19:17 GMT (UK) »
My great great grandmother might be the Susannah Moutum you mention: she was born in Hoo in 1840 and brought up 6 children in Charlsfied:
 Edward William Brook 1870-1925  m Kathleen Stanford Seaman 1902
Susannah Elizabeth Brook 1871 – 1940 m Charles Crickmay Nesling
Georgiana Sarah Ann Brook 1877
Agnes Anna Brook 1877 – m Frederick Waller Martin 1898 (my great grandma)
May Mabel Brook 1879-1924 m Ernest Edwin Cutting  1906
Bessie Bertha Brook 1883- 1968  m john Ray 1913

Now a family Tree has John LONG marrying Susanna MOTUM and indeed there is a Marriage in Sept 1843, Woodbridge, with both those names on the same page. It is indexed twice with John as John Banloft Long on the second record.
There is also a Birth of a Susanna Motum Long, Sept 1843
Deaths of a Susannah/Susan Long;
June 1845, Woodbridge
March 1846, Deptwade
March 1847, Ipswich
I dont know what happened to Susanna Motum Long though unless she is one of the Deaths.

Trish :)
[/quote]

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 17 February 20 01:59 GMT (UK) »
The Susannah Long death Jun.1845 Woodbridge is shown as aged 1 (on GRO index) so looks like the Susannah Motum Long born 1843 - she was buried in Grundisburgh which is where her father John and second wife Susannah nee Fairweather were living in 1851.

The Susan Long death Mar.1846 Depwade - was aged 37.

The Susan Long death Dec.1848 Ipswich - was aged 25 (this could be John's first wife Susanna).

LunaMiuzuki - you've got your Hoo and Charsfield the wrong way round.   Your Susanna Motrum is shown bc.1840 Charsfield on census and she raised her family in Hoo.  She was baptised 21/6/1840 Charsfield, dau. of John Motrum and Elizabeth (nee Marjoram).   Susannah Motrum Long baptised 20/8/1843 also at Charsfield, dau. of John Long and Susanna (nee Motrum).

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk