Author Topic: Benjamin Lamoon  (Read 27862 times)

Offline Avance0306

• RootsChat Extra
  • History Teaches About Our Past, Present, & Future
    • View Profile
Re: Benjamin Lamoon
« Reply #9 on: Monday 30 May 11 15:53 BST (UK) »
Trish - you are awesome!

I am going to have to brush up on my British military history to see what campaigns were in those areas..  I've seen a few posts regarding the births of the children as being way out there but nothing to ever solidify what I've read. (There was a person researching Lamoon back in 2008 and I've tried to contact her but all emails came back as undeliverable.)

It is obvious that I am not well versed in genealogy research (newbie in fact) so this all is a learning process for me.

Interesting places, indeed! I've never had the opportunity to be outside of the United States but I do hope to visit Great Britain some day.

More food for thought.. its a good thing that I'm hungry! LOL

Thank you again!

sara
Feder, Avance, Cantle, Wilson, Whitehead, Morton, Lamoon, Allen - American, English, Scottish, Irish and German.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 30 May 11 16:04 BST (UK) »
There is a Family Tree with Henry on it but no Parents for him.
They have Mary as nee BOHADJOI born c 1845, Corfu.

By 1901 Henry has passed away as Mary and Children Emma (Emilia)/Harry/Charles are still in Glouscestershire. Under Lamon.

1891 they are under Lamson and Henry/Mary/Emilia//Henry/Charles are at home.

Death Reg;
Henry LAMOON, Sept 1897, Barton R, 6a 41, Age 57 (born c 1840)

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 30 May 11 16:24 BST (UK) »
There is a Will for Benjamin that might name all of his Children;
England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations),1861-1941
Benjamin LAMOON 1866
Unfortunately my Sub to Anc does not cover accessing this.
Someone with more expertise on English Wills may give you info on how to find it.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Avance0306

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 30 May 11 16:35 BST (UK) »
Trish,
I have a membership to Ancestry - I can't get to the actual will itself but I've seen part of it through Ancestry. I've yet to figure out how to read all of it.

Thanks again,
sara
Feder, Avance, Cantle, Wilson, Whitehead, Morton, Lamoon, Allen - American, English, Scottish, Irish and German.

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 08 June 11 23:09 BST (UK) »
Name:Henry LAMOON
Regiment:1st Bn 9th Reg Of Infantry

served 1856 -1871  served in the mediterranean,,hence the corfu births,,and the cape of good hope.
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Cant77

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 14 July 11 17:06 BST (UK) »
Hi
I think its a Huguenot name (the family may have originated from France).
A relative is also searching for more info on this name - difficult with the lack of records still intact in Ireland. We may be related - our common ancestor is Martin Lamoon who died in a poor house in South London after moving from West coast of Ireland. Our line comes from one of his daughters (I'm not close enough to know her name)
What is your family surname and how are you related to Martin Lamoon?

Offline Avance0306

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 14 July 11 17:57 BST (UK) »
Hi
I think its a Huguenot name (the family may have originated from France).
A relative is also searching for more info on this name - difficult with the lack of records still intact in Ireland. We may be related - our common ancestor is Martin Lamoon who died in a poor house in South London after moving from West coast of Ireland. Our line comes from one of his daughters (I'm not close enough to know her name)
What is your family surname and how are you related to Martin Lamoon?

Martin LaMoon was the father of Mary Ethel LaMoon who was the mother of my grandfather, Edward Sydney Cantle.
I've not had any luck getting much further than Martin's father. It's very frustrating - especially when you don't live in the UK! LOL

Offline Cant77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 15 July 11 10:31 BST (UK) »
That rings a bell. I'd probably know his nickname - my guess would be Ginger?
Are you in touch with Roger (your parent's cousin I think)?
Send me a personal message on here if you can?

Offline leolamoon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 02 November 11 17:36 GMT (UK) »
hello i am leo frank lamoon my father was frank my aunt was mary ethel they had a brother named lew or lou not sure of spelling iwill dig further and contact you again