Author Topic: Jeal / Jewiss / Lanceley Look Up please  (Read 3001 times)

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jeal / Jewiss / Lanceley Look Up please
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 01 January 15 12:43 GMT (UK) »
Mark,

If you look on the left under your name you will see that you have made 2postings, and when you click on your profile you can find out what they were.

I think you can send emails once you have made 3 postings, so one more to go.  (But you need to remove your personal email address, I believe.)

Offline Loulou330

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jeal / Jewiss / Lanceley Look Up please
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 01 January 15 13:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mark,

Thank you for contacting me I have found your email very interesting indeed.

I am a little frustrated because I've not thoroughly researched the Jeal family and therefore haven't got record of a Henrietta Jeal - I have instead concentrated on my immediate Jeals rather than their extended family.

The only Jeal in your research whom I have is Henry Edward Jeal
Christening Date: 12 Oct 1845
Christening Place: Plumstead, Kent, England
Father's Name: James Jeal
Mother's Name: Rebecca Jeal

James (Henry's father) was born appro 1791 (according to 1841 census) and married Rebecca Montague in 1841.

James' father was Edward Jeal who married Sarah Standing in 1811 in East Wickham.

I've attached a very interesting photograph (well I think it is) the wording on the back is as follows and was written by my great great aunt Lizzie Heasman

"This photo is my mother's (Jemima Charlotte Grubb) Aunt and Uncle Mr and Mrs Jeal.  They lived in a cottage by the Brewery Tap in Lakedale Road, Plumstead. I used to go and see them and meet my mother there when I came home from school we would [walk] home together.  My mother died suddenly of a heart attack when I was 13.  I was in the Ex7th and left school then.  My sisters Dolly then 17 and Kate 15 were mothers helps"

I believe the photo shows Elizabeth Jeal and her husband John Jewiss - although I am open too other possibilities of their identity I've traced them through all the censuses and they lived on Cage Lane and in 1901 on Lakedale Road.

I would be great if you had a photo of similar looking people wouldn't it ...

It does seem very likely indeed that both our families knew each other - I'd really like to bottom out the relationship although at the moment I don't access to any of the major sites to do the research needed.

I'd really welcome your thoughts and would be happy to send you a document of my Jeal research you think it would help you - please let me know.

I have tried to reply to you directly but was unable to do so - not sure if the photo has attached either my email is loubie.vernon at gmail.com.

With best wishes and Happy New Year

Louise
Densham, Dillon, Downham, Star, Vernon, Labbett, Grubb, Hobbs, Jeal, Noakes, Jolly, Busby, Bowskill, Tagg, Heasman, Sutcliffe, Gill, Lee, Bradley, Aked, Allsop, Harrison, Mekin, Hopkins, Hogston, Blackmore, Parker, Passmore, Steer, Linggard, Connolly, Wallace, Reed, Piper, Medhurst, Doggett, Garton, Evans, Norvill