Author Topic: Finding link  (Read 1615 times)

Offline SP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Finding link
« on: Friday 03 June 11 21:32 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone
Hope someone can be of some help with my headache!
I am trying to locate a marriage of a Samel Davies and an Ann Leton( Leighton, Leaton??) in Holywell about 1827
I think but not confirmed  an Elizabeth born Holywell c1827

My problem is that a search made for me has produced 2 Samel Davies's and 2 Anne Leton same area same time, confused as I am!!

I have the family in 1841 HO/107/1413 in Pen Y Ball   so if anyone can find this family prior to this date with other information I would appreciate any help

Thanking you so much

Susan
Davies Ruthin, Holywell, St Asaph,Abergele, Llanrwst,
Carmarthen, Rhonda Valley, Hertfordshire

Kelman Carmarthenshire, Manchester, Doncaster Russia!!

Offline Rah1980

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Finding link
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 June 11 00:07 BST (UK) »
In my Holywell St James baptisms I have an Elizabeth baptised on 29/6/1828 d/o Samuel & Ann from Bagillt, Samuel was a collier, the only other Samuel father I can see that is having children at that time is married to a Jane and he was a plasterer, and then later a Samuel and Catherine, had some children. I can't see any siblings for Elizabeth.

Hope this helps

Sarah  ;D
Flintshire Parry, Price, Lloyd, Jones, Williams, Roberts, Ellis, Holland and Davies. Mostly from Brynford area.
Denbighshire Hannam, Evans
Scotland Clark, Duff, Ferrier, Cruikshanks, Robertson, Anderson, Mciver, Finlayson, Hodge, Galloway and Barrie
Midlands Shaw, Davenport, Skidmore, Ball
Ireland Mccaffery

Offline SP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 June 11 07:50 BST (UK) »
Sarah,
Many thanks for that, now to try to put the puzzle together :-\

If you have the copies I wonder if you could at some  time find the  birth/ baptism entry of Samuel,
from what notes I have he was born 22nd Feb 1810 in Holywell with possible other siblings Catherine 19 March 1811 William 25 Sept 1812,  none of the above has been confirmed, hopefully this will give me the name of the parents.

Then going back to the marriage of Samuel and Ann, as going by the birth of Elizabeth I guess  :-\  looking about 1827/28

So excited getting somewhere at last

Thank you

Offline Rah1980

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 04 June 11 22:51 BST (UK) »
It is very exciting isn't it  ;D I can't help you with Samuel and Ann marriage circa 1828 as I don't have those but yes there is a Samuel Davies born 22/2/1810 and baptised on 9/3/1810 s/o Thomas & Ann, unfortunately that is as much detail given for that entry. There seems to be at least 2 Thomas and Ann Davies couples having children around that time so all possible siblings are below.

1. Mary baptised 25/11/1808 d/o Thomas & Ann (Gratton) abode Holywell
2. Robert baptised 15/06/1810 born 27/07/1810 s/o Thomas & Anne abode Bagillt
3. Catherine baptised 1/03/1811 born 03/04/1811 d/o Thomas & Ann abode Holywell
4. William baptised 16/10/1812 born 25/09/1812 s/o Thomas & Ann abode Holywell
5. Margaret baptised 22/01/1813 d/o Thomas (a farmer) & Ann abode Bagillt
6. William baptised 28/09/1814 s/o  Thomas (a miner) & Ann abode Calcot
7. Anne baptised 26/1/1816 d/o Thomas (farmer) & Ann abode Calcot
8. Richard baptised 25/4/1817 s/o Thomas (a miner) & Ann abode Holywell

There is only one Thomas Davies marriage to an Ann from 1805 - 1812 and that is Thomas Davies aged 29 s/o Hugh and Mary married by banns Ann Gratton aged 27 d/o Richard & Ann both of this parish and single witnessed by Sam Gratton and Elizabeth Thomas on 21/09/1806.

If I had to guess i'd say yours were 1, 3,4, 8 and possibly 6. If you think the marriage is the correct couple I can try to follow them back further.

Sarah  ;D
Flintshire Parry, Price, Lloyd, Jones, Williams, Roberts, Ellis, Holland and Davies. Mostly from Brynford area.
Denbighshire Hannam, Evans
Scotland Clark, Duff, Ferrier, Cruikshanks, Robertson, Anderson, Mciver, Finlayson, Hodge, Galloway and Barrie
Midlands Shaw, Davenport, Skidmore, Ball
Ireland Mccaffery

Offline SP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 14 August 11 19:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Sarah

If and when you have some spare time I would appreciate any further information on the marriage and  any other information you might find on the families

Can you message me

Thanks Sarah :)