Author Topic: Frances Fanny Layland - looking for a map of Cefn Celn or Cefn Celan ?  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Wildlady

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
My great great grandmother Frances Fanny Layland, who died at Cefn Celn or Cefn Celan in Monmouthshire on 25th September 1920. I have been trying to find this place of Cefn Celn or Cefn Celan of Monmouthshire  map and couldn't find it.  Can you tell me where it is please?

Thanks
Wild lady 

Offline Wildlady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
re: looking for Frances Fanny Layland's buried at Tredegar, Wales
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 June 11 14:33 BST (UK) »
I have received my great great grandmother, Frances Fanny Layland's death cerificate, and found out that she died at her son's  house at High Street Tredegar Wales. her death was 25th September 1920.

Can anyone find her buried in Tredegar, Wales?  Tredegar Cemetery ??

Offline Belvoirboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Frances Fanny Layland - looking for a map of Cefn Celn or Cefn Celan ?
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 June 11 18:23 BST (UK) »
Just outside Tredegar on the road to Rhymney is a cemetery and at one time a row of cottages and a pub. In 1891 Daniel Watkins was living at Heathcock Cottage, Rhymney Road, Tredegar, next door to the Heathcock Inn adjacent to the Cefn Golau cemetery... this is also written as Cefngolan. There is now a council estate with the same name. I have visited the site of the inn and cottages and there is very little left to indicate they ever existed. I have yet to find any proper reference to the Heathcock Inn, but I think this is the place you are looking for. Jim

Offline Wildlady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Frances Fanny Layland - looking for a map of Cefn Celn or Cefn Celan ?
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 June 11 16:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Jim
Thankyou very much for your information about the cemetery, I havent been there at all. I had a look at google map of this cemetery, yes i can see it there. I dont know if her buried there.  Perhaps I could ask the  family history record office, to see if they have got buried plot with her name on it.

Valerie