Author Topic: Prince Albert Saskatchewan  (Read 13093 times)

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
Re: Prince Albert Saskatchewan
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 18 June 11 07:19 BST (UK) »
It would appear the John Graham in the attestation papers is a different one from your John as the birthdate is different from the information you have in your tree at Ancestry.

The Ontario births database (at Ancestry) has a birth for Stewart Bertram Graham on 6 Jun 1910 to Thomas Graham and Alice J. Grame in Kenora, Ontario. The birth registration indicates the parents married in 1893 in St Johns Church, Newcastle. There are a number of births for other children to Thomas/Thomas A. Graham and Alice/Alice J/Alice Jane Graham/Grame all born in Rainy River District but I see you have them in your tree already.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline Razzy

• RootsChat Member
  • ...and so, will someone when I am dead and gone wr
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 18 June 11 15:25 BST (UK) »
The birth registration indicates the parents married in 1893 in St Johns Church, Newcastle.

Jacquie,
I have been trying for a long time and a difficult time trying to find Thomas and Alice Janes' marriage. The year falls into place. How did you find this?
I have tried freebmd and could never find their two names together.
I take it to be Newcastle upon Tyne, as there are three different Newcastles in England.
John George had a different mother (Sarah WILSON), 1st marriage of Thomas.
Laure (France);
Graham (Cumberland, England/Grahamsfield, Scotland), Taylor (Orkney);
Rogan, Johnston, McKinney, Irwin, Hamilton (Ireland);
Masters (Wiltshire, England).
Houldsworth (Sheffield, Middlesex)

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 18 June 11 22:53 BST (UK) »
As I said, it was included on the birth registration for Stewart in the Ontario births database at Ancestry.

The only marriage in the Free BMD in 1893 in Newcastle that I could find had Thomas Graham and a Mary Oliver Graham on the same page. The Newcastle City Council's historical marriage database indicates they married at St John the Baptist Church: http://www.rootschat.com/links/0dtz/ Is it possible that Alice changed her name?

It's not included in the information on the incoming Canadian passenger list which you have but on the outgoing UK passenger list for the Numidian which departed from Liverpool on 20 Jun 1895, both Maggie and Jennie are listed as someone's "wife". Tom Simpson, Tom Graham, Geo Graham, Thos Graham and Robt Graham were all listed on one ticket and the next ticket number had Maggie Graham, Ellen Graham, Jennie Graham and Eva L. Graham. Tom Simpson's age is listed in the column for "married" - was he perhaps Maggie's husband?

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline Razzy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 19 June 11 23:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jacquie,
It is a bonus for us when the different government forms ask more questions.
I checked the previous nine births from my g/grandparents and only since 1910 did the gov't include  extra questions.
Previous to this the births before Stewart were on 'schedules'; before 1906 there were no official stamped numbers.
I was not able top find two births, brothers to Stewart.
Charles Douglas GRAHAM b July 19th, 1907
Percival Ivan GRAHAM b Dec 14th, 1913.
Same parents Thomas and Alice Jane GRAHAM
Rainy River, Kenora, Ontario.

Percy is where I will have to wait three more years.
Charles I should have found but did not on Ancestry library edition.
Is there anyone who can find this birth (Charles Douglas GRAHAM) registration?
Laure (France);

Offline dollylee

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 20 June 11 02:36 BST (UK) »
I'm not sure why this doesn't show up on a search but it's there if you go through the pages.

Ontario, Canada Births, 1869-1911 Rainy River District 1907 image 35 entry #3

Graham, Chas. Douglass. male, July 19, 1907. father Thomas Graham, mother Alice Jane Grame, Kenora, father Car Repairer. Dr. Gunne, person making return :  Alice McMillian, August 20, 1907.  Registration No:  040333

dollylee

Offline Razzy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 20 June 11 02:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks dollylee,
I could not find this in the library ancestry
Laure (France);

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 20 June 11 02:42 BST (UK) »
Here is the other thread regarding John George:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ji2v94e0dstjra1lhmji1solg4&topic=532132.0

jacquie replied with the attestation papers in that one as well J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline dollylee

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 20 June 11 02:43 BST (UK) »
I modified the post after you read it ... must have crossed just as you were leaving your message.  ;)

As I said it wasn't found on a search but by going through the pages of 1907 so easy to understand why you weren't able to find it.

dollylee

Offline Razzy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 20 June 11 03:27 BST (UK) »
I am sure happy with the help I am recieving.
I will have to wait until I have more money to buy from GRO John George and Florence May HEATHs marriage to see who John George has listed as his father.
It has to be Thomas.

On another note.
John George and his attestation papers.
John Georges' younger half-brother William (born Sept 2nd, 1901); family said William joined the U.S. Army and went to Russia.
Recently I found that the americans did go into Russia in WW1 (called the eastern front and not in the public eye as much) in Vladivostok and Archangel.
If by chance this is the right John George maybe William did have a skipping-stone jump into Michigan. That is the U.S. state maybe all of the troops came from when sent to Russia.
However in my research online and emails, no William GRAHAM ever did go to Russia.
I have checked the battalions who went 339; 85; 310; 337; the canadian 57 CEF.
The Bentley Museum who lists online all the troops that went.
Michigans`own museum in Frankenmuth, Michigan.
I have tried National Archives and there is a section of papers that were lost to fire where my g/uncle William could have been listed.
I checked with the canadian Legion `Last Post`I tried the american Legion.
Apart from that possible clue of John George, I have to find that what family has said is to be true of William being in the U.S. Army and going to Russia.   
Laure (France);