Author Topic: Duffley family  (Read 5172 times)

Offline pjyorkie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Duffley family
« on: Monday 13 June 11 11:37 BST (UK) »
I am looking for info on the family of William Duffley born 29-04-1923 in Ireland, he was a navigator in the RAF before emigrating to Canada,  his father was Patrick Duffley also born ireland 1875, died     10-02-1951.
Patrick married Catherine Cunningham.       William had 4 brothers and one sister,   Michael b=1912,  Patrick b=1916,  Thomas b1919,  James b=1921, and sister Mary b=1914.
Any information as the the places of birth and any relatives would be a great help.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Duffty family
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 June 11 11:40 BST (UK) »
What sort of information are you looking for?

The latest available Irish census is 1911 (it and 1901 are online, free)-
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search/

Added- the surname DUFFTY doesn't appear in either 1901 or 1911 census or civil registration index
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline culbaire

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Duffley family
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 June 11 15:45 BST (UK) »
A Patrick Duffley married 1st quarter 1911 in Athlone Reg district (Roscommon or Westmeath) 3/16
A Catherine Cunningham married 1st quarter 1911 in Athlone Reg district Roscommon or Westmeath) 3/16
There is a Patrick Duffley in 1901 census in Roscommon with father Michael
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai003833645/ though name is transcribed as Duffey.

This may be Patrick and his wife (Kate) and his father in 1911. Name is given as Duffily. Patrick and Kate married less than one year. http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Roscommon/Lecarrow/Carrownamaddy/776604/

Looks like the births of William and some of his siblings were also registered in Athlone registration district.
https://www.familysearch.org/search/records#count=20&query=%2Bsurname%3ADuffley%20%2Bbirth_place%3AAthlone%20%2Bbirth_year%3A1905-1925

Offline PADDYMACDUFF

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 15 September 11 20:05 BST (UK) »
Good Afternoon,

My name is Adrian Duffley and my father is Peter from Athlone Ireland.
There isn't many of us left to be honest.  A lot emigrated including myself.
You say your looking for the Cunningham's I presume from Athlone or Roscommon etc.
There are a good few of them to be frank in or around Athlone.
Is your surname Duffley?

Look forward to hearing from you, just logged into this site to answer your query to be frank !
So I hope you get an email notification or else you can I won't know you responded !

Kind Regards

Duff

Offline Da00mazza

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 24 March 19 23:12 GMT (UK) »
Hello
Are you still searching for the Duffley couple?
I'm a Duffley and live in Ireland.  Possibly one of the last few branches of the family left in Ireland.  My ancestors came from Roscommon originally and moved to Dublin 2 generations ago.  I've an elderly aunt who is 95.   She may possibly be answer any queries you may have
Thank you

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 25 March 19 11:07 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat. The original poster hasn't been active on RootsChat since 2017. If they still have their email notifications switched on they will know someone has replied to this thread.
When you have made a few more posts you can use the personal message option to contact them directly if you wish.
Cowban

Offline killyd

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 05 July 22 02:33 BST (UK) »
Hello
Are you still searching for the Duffley couple?
I'm a Duffley and live in Ireland.  Possibly one of the last few branches of the family left in Ireland.  My ancestors came from Roscommon originally and moved to Dublin 2 generations ago.  I've an elderly aunt who is 95.   She may possibly be answer any queries you may have
Thank you

Hi there! I’ve just discovered this site whilst doing research on the family surname. We are looking to find out more information about our Irish ancestors! If anybody could help get me some answers on the Duffley name that’d be much appreciated.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 05 July 22 07:47 BST (UK) »

Welcome to RootsChat, killyd  :)

A Patrick Duffley married 1st quarter 1911 in Athlone Reg district (Roscommon or Westmeath) 3/16
A Catherine Cunningham married 1st quarter 1911 in Athlone Reg district Roscommon or Westmeath) 3/16

Here's the link to this marriage-
29 September 1910
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1911/09939/5613608.pdf

Catherine living in the townland of Lisphelim (sic), her father Patrick a farmer.
https://www.townlands.ie/roscommon/athlone/saint-johns/carnagh/lisfelim/

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo