Author Topic: Joseph DYER from Emo  (Read 4923 times)

Offline azmara

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Joseph DYER from Emo
« on: Thursday 16 June 11 23:17 BST (UK) »
Cemeteries in Emo? I am searching for Joseph and Mary DYER
 parents of Elizabeth DYER b 18 June !837 in Emo.
 Could someone please advise regarding cemeteries and if there is a way to search cemetery indexes or similar?
Many thanks,
Mila

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph DYER from Emo
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 June 11 20:50 BST (UK) »
I have headstones records from Emo old & New cemetery and there is no Dwyer in either cemetery, by my records.
Allow for headstones that are un-readable due to weather.
Are you sure they are in Emo, if so, I will try again.
Jack

Offline azmara

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 June 11 21:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Jack,
No, I don't know where they are at all. I thought it MAY be at Emo as their daughter was born there so decided to try and search!
 Daughter Elizabeth married in the registry office at Coolbanagher in 1861 ( according to Familysearch Ireland marriages 1619-1898 records.) and then came to New Zealand same year.
I have found the ship they came on but no other family seem to be with them.
Death certificates in NZ give the names of parents, Joseph and Mary,  father's occupation as farmer..born in Queens co Ireland..
Danishdots kindly sent me a copy of some baptism records she had transcribed from Church of Ireland ,St Johns Church, Coolbanagher. It appears to be my Elizabeth b 1837, and a brother William b 1835.
From here I am stuck as to where to search for records of her family. I need to purchase her birth certificate I think. Where is the best place to buy this from?
After all that, Thank you for looking for me at Emo. I do really appreciate your help.
Regards, Mila

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 June 11 21:30 BST (UK) »
Danishdots kindly sent me a copy of some baptism records she had transcribed from Church of Ireland ,St Johns Church, Coolbanagher. It appears to be my Elizabeth b 1837, and a brother William b 1835.
From here I am stuck as to where to search for records of her family. I need to purchase her birth certificate I think. Where is the best place to buy this from?

Full civil registration started in Ireland 1864 - there are no birth certs before that date.

see : Introduction to Irish Records

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline azmara

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 18 June 11 04:18 BST (UK) »
 :) Thanks for that Shane. I will read up on the links. Cheers, Mila