Author Topic: Frasers of Kilarlity  (Read 13691 times)

Offline KGordonF

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frasers of Kilarlity
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 25 August 19 00:02 BST (UK) »
In Volume 3 Part 1 "A History of the Parish of Kiltarlity", there are detailed family trees of two families 1)Peter Fraser and Margaret Fraser and 2) James Fraser (b) c 1758 (d) after 1810 and Isobel McFarquahar  (b) c 1771 (d) after 1841 on page 111.  Their history of Wester Clunes starts on page 110. Details of the two who tied the two families  (Peter's and James' above), were Isabella Fraser and James Fraser (married Jan 30, 1812).  Tree shows 13 children.  On page 28 there is commentary on John Fraser, of Balachraggan, born in Wester Clunes 1828, died 1916 who represented the Clan for a portrait for Queen Victoria's instigation.  Has his picture also. 

I've traced my relatives to Wester Clunes to early 1770's through 1841.  In 1851 they showed up at Lettoch.  There were multiple families at Wester Clunes many with the Fraser name, I'm sure many were related.  Visited there about 15 years ago. 

The text is published by:  Kilmorack Heritage Assoc. , North Lodge, Beaufort, Beauly, Inverness, Scotland IV4 7BE.   Contact me if your family is there.

Alexandramac:  William and Helen with children Margaret, Duncan, Colin, & James are on the chart. 

Ghost whisperer:  Thanks for all you do. 

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frasers of Kilarlity
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 16 May 20 09:53 BST (UK) »
Folks, Fraser of Lovat v Mrs Anne Fraser of Eskadale & Hugh Fraser esq.  This is from the Highland Family History Society's current journal. Lovat takes Mrs Fraser to court over lands & access to hill grazings in Kiltarlity. Almost 40 witness statements listed in this 1808 case with more Fraser's than you could shake a stake at & their inter-relationships.

Highland F.H.S, Bught Road, Inverness IV3 5NS

Bests,
Skoosh.