Author Topic: Offer:Ancestors 1762-1795 St Fagans,Drope,Peterston-Super-Ely,Dinas Powys area's  (Read 2914 times)

Offline marysma

• RootsChat Senior
  • Sofia--3yrs on
    • View Profile
Hi all,

recently picked up a book from my local library "The Diary of William Thomas".From a transcript by J B Davies and G,H.Rhys.Abridged by R.T.W.Denning.

This book has hundreds of names of local people as the author has decided to record all local BMD'S.He is also a bit of a gossip Quote/

5th April 1764 Was buried in St Faggans Mary wife of John Griffith(being his second wife and neice to his first wife Blanch)About 47yrs of age from a few days sickness,but allways sickly and unhealthy from a sore navel since her birth,her belly ready to burst in twain,yet for all an unhonest woman  of a bitter tongue.Being but a short woman,yet about her middle,from her unhealthyness above four feet circumference.Her coffin was 18 inches deep/unquote--the book is full of gems like this.

Drunks,Debters,unmarried mothers,absconding millitia-I'm having a ball reading it.

I thought it may be of help to any Rootschatter tracing their ancestry in these area's(also mentions people from further afield) and apologies if this has been posted before.

Marysma

Horn/Horne,Johnston,East Lothian
Horn/e, Farquhar,Shanks,Reid,Geddes, Banff and Buckie

Petrie--Moray/Portgordon
Shanks,Moray

Morgan,Peirce,Thomas,Branch,South Wales

Crimmins/Crimin, Ring, Co,Cork.

Flynn-- Dungarvan,Waterford,Ireland.
Christopher, Waterford

Pride and Long ,Newington Bagpath,Glous,England.

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Offer:Ancestors 1762-1795 St Fagans,Drope,Peterston-Super-Ely,Dinas Powys area's
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 July 11 01:32 BST (UK) »
Hello Marysma  :)

It sounds like a really interesting book and it would be useful for lookups for those Parishes.
I'll try to get this moved to Glamorganshire Offers....

Thank youvery much for bringing it to our attention!

Kind Regards
Morgan