Author Topic: Watts. Chesterfield / Sheffield  (Read 1755 times)

Offline RWatts

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Watts. Chesterfield / Sheffield
« on: Wednesday 29 June 11 20:32 BST (UK) »
Hi all, this is my first post her but have been researching for about 18 years. Is anyone researching the Watts family here? My Watts's are from Chesterfield from around 1869. Prior to that they are from Attercliffe Sheffield.
The person who moved from Sheffield to 'The Brushes' in Sheepbridge is Thomas Watts. His fathers name (in Sheffield) was also Thomas Watts.

Offline Billy Anderson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Watts. Chesterfield / Sheffield
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 30 June 11 04:28 BST (UK) »
Hi RWatts,
Welcome to rootschat,
If there is you require help finding any info just ask i am sure an expert on the Watts family will pop up !
cheers,
Billy.
Anderson=Glasgow, Denny,Bathgate,Kilsyth.
=USA  Alameda,New York,Boston,Illinois.
Binning= Bathgate
Miller=Kilsyth
Black, McIntyre=Ise of Lismore
Donald=Enzie
MacDonald=Denny.
Lymburner=Denny
Wright=West Lothian
Greenhorn= Blantyre,LKS.

Offline ankerpep_52

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 30 June 11 05:16 BST (UK) »
Hi all, this is my first post her but have been researching for about 18 years. Is anyone researching the Watts family here? My Watts's are from Chesterfield from around 1869. Prior to that they are from Attercliffe Sheffield.
The person who moved from Sheffield to 'The Brushes' in Sheepbridge is Thomas Watts. His fathers name (in Sheffield) was also Thomas Watts.

BOKOTA-Hampshire & Surrey/ SI(Y)MONDS-Kent, Ldn PAPANICOLAOU-Hampshire /HARTLEY- Derby&Ldn/ SMITH-Ldn/ COLE-Hants & Ldn/ CREED-Berks, Ldn, Oxfordshire/ BRADLEY, DOCWRA & LAND- Islington &Kent/  HUMPHERSTON-Ldn./ ALLEN-Ldn & Surrey/ DOWNEY & DAVIDSON & FITCHARD-NBL & Durham, HARTLEY-Montreal QC Canada
RASMUSSEN-Storring Arhus,& SORENSEN,& JENSEN- Veng,& Hjelmslev, Skanderborg Denmark/HANSEN-Fejo,Fuglse,Maribo,DK

Offline ankerpep_52

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 30 June 11 05:42 BST (UK) »
My Grt,grt,grt Grandfather George HARTLEY, married  15th Jan 1810, to Elizabeth WATTS(she born abt 1780),Chesterfield Derby) She was his 2nd wife-1st one died young. They had 2 children, George, born 5 Feb 1811 and Hannah,Christened 28 Feb 1813.
I have a copy of the Baptism for Elizabeth on the 5 Feb 1780, Dhtr of George
from Walton.
In 1801-- I have a George WATTS marriage to Hannah Edwards from Chesterfield Derby (by Banns)
Wm WATTS married Anne Bassett 1726 in Ashover Derby-had 14 Children,Wm 1727,Job 1729,Mary 1731, Martha 1732,John 1734. George 1737, David 1738, Sarah 1740, Anne 1750, Job 1751,(the 1st Job must have died), Noah 1754,Daniel 1755,  David 1757(1st David must have died)   Hope this gives you some leads to follow up with. Ankerpep.
BOKOTA-Hampshire & Surrey/ SI(Y)MONDS-Kent, Ldn PAPANICOLAOU-Hampshire /HARTLEY- Derby&Ldn/ SMITH-Ldn/ COLE-Hants & Ldn/ CREED-Berks, Ldn, Oxfordshire/ BRADLEY, DOCWRA & LAND- Islington &Kent/  HUMPHERSTON-Ldn./ ALLEN-Ldn & Surrey/ DOWNEY & DAVIDSON & FITCHARD-NBL & Durham, HARTLEY-Montreal QC Canada
RASMUSSEN-Storring Arhus,& SORENSEN,& JENSEN- Veng,& Hjelmslev, Skanderborg Denmark/HANSEN-Fejo,Fuglse,Maribo,DK

Offline RWatts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 30 June 11 16:53 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately, I don't believe that any of that lot have anything to do with my part of the family. My Watts connection in Chesterfield didn't appear here until the 1860's.
Thomas Watts married Emma Gilthorpe who came from Ashover. She died in Sheffield from diabetes in the general hospital. Thomas went on to marry again and he died in the work house in Chesterfield.

Offline ankerpep_52

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 02 July 11 21:37 BST (UK) »
Thinking Chesterfield was not that far from Sheffield, that Elizabeth may have been distant relative as they didn't always stay in one place, especially the females, who worked in peoples homes-Oh well-worth a try.  Did you check under the surnames for Watts as there are quite a few listings .   Hope you do well in your search.  ankerpep_52