Author Topic: Cause of death  (Read 1242 times)

Offline edalmun

• RootsChat Senior
  • www.greatauntyalice.com
    • View Profile
Cause of death
« on: Monday 04 July 11 18:01 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I have recently received a death certificate for an ancestor who died in 1839 in Colchester, Essex. He was 76 years old and cause of death is given as 'Inflamation'. Any ideas what this refers to?

I also have another death certificate for 1874 in Manchester, Lancashire. He was 29 years old and died of 'Delirium & Polio Exhaustion'. I'm not certain about the Polio part, it might actually be a t instead of an l. Again any ideas would be great.

Thanks,
Elissa
www.greatauntyalice.com - A directory of independent family history researchers based across the UK and around the world. From small look-ups to extensive research Great Aunty Alice has a researcher who can help you.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cause of death
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 July 11 11:02 BST (UK) »
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU