Author Topic: Warrington Cemetery - Plot Locations  (Read 9843 times)

Offline marlee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Warrington Cemetery - Plot Locations
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 17 August 11 15:52 BST (UK) »
no problem i will be going in the next couple of weeks .i live very near Warrington cemetery
i have reletavies in rc section D interred there .
if a headstone i will photo it and send you a copy of photo by email
i would think it would be a private plot
regards marlee

Offline marlee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 09 September 11 22:46 BST (UK) »
hi i managed to finally get to Warrington cemetery today. unfortunatly there is no memorial stone for this plot (this is the case with just under half of the cemetery
i sometimes go to Warrington library to look for obituarys for people in the archives of the local papers
next time i go (it will not be for about a month) i will see if i can find an obituary for any of them
i have looked on the 1911 census for Warrington but cannot relate the ages to your Ryans
for example there were two Mary Ann Ryans but neither fitted your dates in 1911 are you sure of their birth dates or maybe in 1911 they were not in Warrington
sorry no memorial maybe they would have had an obituary printed in the local paper.
will be in touch when i have next been to local archives
regards Marlee

Offline CerocChick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 12 September 11 12:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Marlee

Thank you so much for taking the time to have a look in the cemetery.  What a shame there was no memorial  :(

I havent got the exact birth dates for Mary Ann (abt 1836) but John Thomas  was born 17/10/1868. In 1911 Mary Ann was living at 21 Heath Lane, Warrington with her widowed daughter Kate Peers and John Thomas was living at 9 Heath Lane with his neice Edith Holmes (nee Peers).

I would very much appreciate it if you do have time when you next go to the library to look up obituaries.

Thanks again

CerocChick
WRIGHT - Widdington, Rickling, Kettering
RYAN - Warrington, Sligo/Mayo Ireland, Kettering
GOODMAN - Kettering
GRAINGER - Kettering
BEVAN - Lancashire
SINGLETON - Lancashire
THORNTON-LANE - everywhere!

Offline marlee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 12 September 11 13:14 BST (UK) »
hi. yes its a shame .i was gutted when i found one of my relatives and there was no memorial
i went to the central library in Warrington (where i live) on the off chance they had an obituary in the local paper and to my delight they had.
you get lots of info of an obituary i will certainly look for you when i next go .but it will be in about three weeks time
i have to book a machine as all the info is on microfilm and you have to use machine to read it.
i have taken this up since i retired as i enjoy it and am always happy to look for details of any warrington people
fingers crossed
Marlee :-\