Author Topic: COMPLETED see belowWhissendine marriage 20/1/1809  (Read 2738 times)

Offline taylorwallace

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
COMPLETED see belowWhissendine marriage 20/1/1809
« on: Sunday 10 July 11 15:34 BST (UK) »
For some time, I  have been searching the marriage of George Hine born Odell, Beds to Mary Lee. This was on the IGI original site "submitted by LDS member" with no parish shown ; the new version now shows this marriage as taking place in Whissendine on above date. I would like to know if the entry gives any more information or whether there are baptismal records there for any children born to this couple before 1812. I have a George Hine and Mary as parents of 5 children born at St Andrews Holborn between Jan 1812 and 1821 so any information which could assist in proving/disproving a link could be helpful.
I am hoping this might be one for LauraEJ if the transcripts have more info. (The George Hine at St Andews was a hackney cab man)
Having now visited SoG (20/7) and looked at both transcript and microfiche of Whissendine marriages it is very clear that this marriage does not exist on the date shown or anywhere near it, nor are the surnames indexed. Shows imprtance of never accepting IGI info without checking the parish records. taylor wallace