Author Topic: West Wickham Parish Registers - PASKINS - COMPLETED  (Read 1327 times)

Offline geniejan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
West Wickham Parish Registers - PASKINS - COMPLETED
« on: Friday 22 July 11 00:38 BST (UK) »
If anyone has access to the West Wickham Parish Registers, I would appreciate a lookup.  Using Free BMD, I have identified three children who died within a year of their birth and believe they are, and would like to confirm, the children of Peter Paskins and Mary Hennessey, registered in the Bromley District, in the time frame the family was living in West Wickham.

William, born Jun Qtr 1879 (Greenwich District), died Jun Qtr 1880 in Bromley District (age 1).
Julia Agnes Paskins, born and died in the March Qtr 1882
Kate Paskins, born and died in the Jun Qtr of 1885.

There is a William Charles Paskins born Sep Qtr 1900 in Bromley District, presumably West Wickham.  Mary Paskins died in 1888, so I'm not sure who the parents of this child are.  I suspect Peter and his second wife, Sophia.

Many thanks in advance.  Geniejan
Paskins, Norris, Breakwell, Grant, Bemrose

Offline Champagne03

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: West Wickham Parish Registers - PASKINS
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 September 11 22:53 BST (UK) »
Hi,
An index to the West Wickham parish registers only shows 2 entries for the Paskins family:-

28th June 1899, Peter Paskins, 48, widower, bookmaker, son of Peter, married Sophia Topsy Bladon, 20, spinster, daughter of Len (?) Bladon, both of this parish.

William Charles Paskins, son of Peter & Topsy Sophia, bookmaker, baptised 19th August 1900.

There is a slight possibility that the original writing in the registers was difficult to decipher as there are 2 entries under Parkins which may be the same family:-

Elizabeth Parkins, daughter of Peter & Mary, bookmaker, baptised 3rd March 1886

Mary Parkins, buried age 30, 31st May 1888.

Please let me know if I can help you further by looking in the original registers.

Regards,

Offline geniejan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: West Wickham Parish Registers - PASKINS
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 September 11 23:16 BST (UK) »
Hi There Champagne

Thank you so very, very much for checking the index for me.  The results are ever so helpful.  Peter was the illegitimate son of Matilda Paskins and I was most interested to note that at his second marriage, he indicated his father's name was Peter.  Have to think about that.  The two persons surnamed Parkins are these Paskins folk -- I have found in my research that Parkins and Paskins are often interchanged.

Thank you again.  I really appreciate your help.
Paskins, Norris, Breakwell, Grant, Bemrose