Author Topic: are you related?  (Read 2357 times)

Offline garydevine

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Great Grandfather Alexander Allison in 1916
    • View Profile
are you related?
« on: Wednesday 03 August 11 21:46 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,

I have uploaded my 4 family trees to my Flickr account. I have uploaded them so that if there is anyone out there that is looking for the same surname or same path as me then hopefully we can work together to find our ancestors. if you have seen someone in my tree who you think that could be related to you in some way or if you have seen a surname and they come from the same place as your ancestors have then please do contact me.

In tree one: Devine, Muldoon, McGuire, Muligan, Sheridan, Dempsey

Tree two: Devine, Mullen, Daisley, McInulty, McGarry, Gibson, Gray, Morrison, Sutherland

Tree three: Sinclair, Riddoch, Donaldson, Roy, McCallum, MacKay, Allison, Thomson, Currie, MacCaffer, Williamson, McRae, Roseweir, Sutherland, Devine

Tree four: Allison,Gilmour, McComick, Kirkpatrick, Wotherspoon, Henderson, Docherty, McFarlane, Morton, Dibnah, Sawers, Sinclair, Rosewier, Sutherland, Devine

Gary.
Hamilton, Lanarkshire - Devine, McGarry, Daisley, McGuire, Mullen, Sheridan, Ford
Blantyre, Lanarkshire - Gibson, Hamill, McInulty
Avondale, Strathaven - Mulligan, Dempsey
Glasgow - Sinclair, Allison, McFarlane
Renfrewshire - Allison
Perthshire - Sinclair, Roy, Donaldson
Edinburgh and Caithness Thurso - Sutherland
Edinburgh and Ayrshire - Sheridan

Offline hayleywestenrafan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: are you related?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 18 May 13 02:46 BST (UK) »
I have a mary m riddoch in my tree, married to a william liddell from lanarkshire

Offline Ellie07

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 11 August 22 21:49 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I was searching Devine and found this chat.

My 2nd Great grandmother's name was Selina Devine 1873 (born in Tamworth) her father was William John Devine (born in Nottinghamshire) and his father was Thomas Devine (born in Kildare).

I know it's not the same area but I thought I would post this anyway because you never know.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 16 August 22 17:14 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I was searching Devine and found this chat.

My 2nd Great grandmother's name was Selina Devine 1873 (born in Tamworth) her father was William John Devine (born in Nottinghamshire) and his father was Thomas Devine (born in Kildare).

I know it's not the same area but I thought I would post this anyway because you never know.

There is an extensive ancestry tree on this family, (some photographs) which is worth a look, if its not yours.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada