Author Topic: Brown family of Edvin Loach  (Read 1826 times)

Offline familyresearch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Brown family of Edvin Loach
« on: Friday 12 August 11 14:34 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I recently visited Edvin Loach Church and saw a lovely gravestone from 1722. It is of Abel Brown?, son of Richard and Holladine who died when he was 5 years old on 18th June 1722. His mother Holladine is buried next to him, and she died when she was 36. If anyone has managed to research their family back to this time in history and thinks there may be a link please get in touch, and I'd be happy to send you a photograph of the grave. It stood out because it was an old grave, and I hadn't even heard of the name Hollandine before. It was quite a large gravstone, with a bit of a crest/picture at the top, so many the family were quite well-off.

Elissa

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Brown family of Edvin Loach
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 August 11 08:49 BST (UK) »
For the record
Abell Brown christened 12th april 1717 Edvin Loach , parents   Richard and Hollandina
Hollandina Brown christened 5th may 1713 Edvin Loach ....same parents
Freeman Brown christened 17th march 1704 Edvin Loach  ....same parents
allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline edalmun

• RootsChat Senior
  • www.greatauntyalice.com
    • View Profile
Re: Brown family of Edvin Loach
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 13 August 11 10:56 BST (UK) »
Thank you Allan! I don't know quite when Hollandina died, that part was worn away, but she obviously could have left two other children. There wasn't any obvious other grave next to them but there was a stone on the ground so maybe that was for someone else in the family.

I've attached the photograph so anyone can have a look. I like the inscriptions at the bottom of both the gravestones.

EDIT: Sorry about the confusing usernames, I made the post using an old username, and forgot I was logged into it. I am the same person!
www.greatauntyalice.com - A directory of independent family history researchers based across the UK and around the world. From small look-ups to extensive research Great Aunty Alice has a researcher who can help you.