Author Topic: ***COMPLETED***1933 Luton burial look-up please  (Read 9317 times)

Offline waterfall

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: 1933 Luton burial look-up please
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 27 September 11 07:44 BST (UK) »

No John, had not looked at the memorial prior to your post. Tony said two sons lost, wonder why the other isn't there but suppose Francis lived at Stockingstone Rd at one time.

Susan
Bedfordshire. Hull, Lines
Buckinghamshire. Hull, Lines
Hertfordshire, Hull, Lines
Durham, Matthews
Yorkshire, Matthews
Durham, Lincolnshire, Abbey
Census information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline TonyR

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 28 September 11 07:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Susan, well I'm still very impressed that you found her and YES PLEASE I would like to know who buried her if you have the time.

Your comment about 'depth' made me think of how deep she had been buried, to leave room for 'more on top' so to speak.

Hi John,  you did well to spot one of Alice's boys on the Stopsley War Memorial - I have that info but didn't make the connection to it being Stopsley (brain fade)

Also have notes somewhere, on who lived at 9 Stockingstone from Electoral Rolls.  Do remember a Brown couple lived there before John R Brown arrived but I don't think there is a connection between them, just a co-incidence.  Anyway an Alice Mason appears at this address from late 1920s till early 1930s when she dis-appears & John R Brown continues to live there for a while.

I haven't got death cert yet, was trying to work out if this Alice was mine by finding who was buried with her.  I expect informant will probably be son-in-law John R Brown & guessing he wouldn’t / couldn’t register her as Alice Mason if she wasn’t married to the Mason chap

Thanks to both for your help & interest.  Regards, TonyR.

Rooney Carlow/Wicklow to Dublin to Belfast to Birmingham. Johnston & Smyth Co Down. Crowe & Ryan Tipperary. Day, Rhodes & Johnston Barrow-in-Furness. Day, Bailey & Page Bedford. Day & Mead Somerset. Rhodes, White & Taylor Swadlincote. Reynolds Haverfordwest. Weekly Fishguard. Barzey Wales.

Offline waterfall

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 29 September 11 11:13 BST (UK) »

Will have a look but may take a couple of weeks.

As you have thought when I said no indication as to depth I was inferring as to single or double depth.

Susan
Durham, Matthews
Yorkshire, Matthews

Offline TonyR

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 29 September 11 12:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Susan, sounds long-winded & I'm conscious of how much time of yours it might take up.

Just a thought - can I do what you are going to do, if you point me in the right direction that is - to save your time?

Let me know (PM if you have to).  Many thanks, TonyR.
Rooney Carlow/Wicklow to Dublin to Belfast to Birmingham. Johnston & Smyth Co Down. Crowe & Ryan Tipperary. Day, Rhodes & Johnston Barrow-in-Furness. Day, Bailey & Page Bedford. Day & Mead Somerset. Rhodes, White & Taylor Swadlincote. Reynolds Haverfordwest. Weekly Fishguard. Barzey Wales.

Offline waterfall

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 29 September 11 12:41 BST (UK) »

I meant I may not be able to get out to look it up for a couple of weeks.!!

Am sending a PM, Susan
Durham, Matthews
Yorkshire, Matthews