Author Topic: Anastasia Navin  (Read 6604 times)

Offline lueli

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Anastasia Navin
« on: Tuesday 23 August 11 14:21 BST (UK) »
Looking for information on Anastasia Navin (Nevin).  Have a baptism in Ballycallan parish register for 12th April 1823.  Parents were Thomas Navin and Anty Darmody, residence was Glebe and sponsor was Betty Kavanagh. 

She married Pierce McCormack and had six children, Patrick, b.1851/2, (Knonckanglass) sponsors Thomas Navin/Elizabeth Cormack, Mary b. 1854 (Moyglass) Sponsors Patrick Murphy/Catherine Murphy, Margaret b. 1856 (Knocnkanglass) Sponsors Thomas Navin/Margaret Navin,  Henry b. 1864 (Harley Park), Sponsor Catherine Dunn,   Anne b. 1863 (Harley Park) Pat Cormack/Fanny Durcan and Pierce, b. 1867 (Harley Park) Sponsors Peter Byrne/Ellen Fennelly.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Anastasia Navin
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 August 11 14:27 BST (UK) »
what kind of details are you searching for ?

It looks like you already have baptism and marriage details, plus details of her children ..

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline lueli

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 August 11 14:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Shane,

Would like to find out her siblings and where she got married to Pierce, when she died.

Think she is buried in Ardmayle in Tipperary but they have no records for her.

Thanks.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 23 August 11 14:44 BST (UK) »
The records for Ballycallan parish only go back to 1820, but you might be able to locate baptisms for the younger siblings in the family. Have you checked the parish records already ?

Brides usually married in the parish they were living in, so I'd would have thought Ballycallan would be the place to start.

RC registers rarely include death/burials, so it might be better to try searching for a civil death record. What are the last details you have on Anastasia i.e. ? location , date etc

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline lueli

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 23 August 11 15:04 BST (UK) »
I got the baptism from Rothe House but they couldn't find any other siblings.  Thats all I've been able to get so far. 

How would I go about the civil death record? I assume she would have been in Harley Park at her time of death but I don't know when she died.

Thanks for your help Shane.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 23 August 11 15:09 BST (UK) »
Based on the civil births for Henry & Pierce jnr, the registration district for Hanlypark would be Callan, so that's what I would look for in the index. The two children mentioned in the extracted births are registered as Cormack rather than McCormack, so Anastasia's death may be listed as the spelling also..

I'll have a search for any likely matches

note that death certs dont give that much detail.

see : 
  Introduction to Irish Records
  Details included on a Death Cert
  Ordering Certs from GRO Roscommon

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 23 August 11 15:15 BST (UK) »
Hi...I'm just wondering about the children who were born in Knockanglass (Knockinglass) near Moyglass - did any of them marry any person with the surname Grant? I have family from that area.

Regards,

Ann Marie
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 23 August 11 15:17 BST (UK) »
the age is quite a bit out.. but this is the closest match for the death that I see in the right area :

Name: Anastasia Cormack
  Registration district: Callan
  Event type: Death
  Year: 1868
  Volume 9 / Page 371

see : link (BMD Index result on Familysearch)

just a year after the birth of Pierce jnr

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline lueli

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 23 August 11 15:25 BST (UK) »
That is fantastic but the age is bit out alright though, she'd be marvelous if she gave birth at 64!   Pierce, her husband was born in 1819 so the baptism of 1823 kind of fitted in with her.    I know they were bit hit and miss with ages back then, do you think they might have put a wrong age down for her?