Author Topic: Ware PRs for HUXLEY  (Read 960 times)

Offline ds0706

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Ware PRs for HUXLEY
« on: Wednesday 24 August 11 23:17 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the birth/baptism and parents of Elizabeth Rachel HUXLEY in Ware in 1813/1814.

I have her tracked through 1841-1881 in Shoreditch & Bethnal Green, married to Thomas William ORCHARD...they would have married abt 1835, probably in Shoreditch, but there is nothing in IGI or Findmypast.
There is only 1 Huxley family in Herts (Bishops Hatfield) in the 1841c, and the parents are too young to possibly be hers. Dead end :'(

I'd be grateful for any help, please
D.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ware PRs for HUXLEY
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 August 11 00:46 BST (UK) »
Hi cannot at present locate a baptism for Elizabeth, but as far as the wedding, you were correct with the year date and location!

Thomas William Orchard to Elizabeth Rachel Huxley 6th December 1835 St John at Hackney ( This was by Banns being read ) Taken from The London, England, Marriages And Banns 1754-1921.

Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ds0706

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 August 11 18:38 BST (UK) »
Thankyou ... good old St John Hackney...I was baptised there (and not been back since)

Is The London, England, Marriages And Banns 1754-1921 available online? I couldn't find anything on Findmypast (and have you seen the make-over today by Frankenstein, who probably has a 90" screen & never has to scroll for anything?)

regards
D

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 25 August 11 19:32 BST (UK) »
Hi yes the Marriage and Banns are on the other pay to view/subscription site, and yes the new format on FindMyPast is currently not to my liking!!

Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ds0706

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 25 August 11 23:15 BST (UK) »
Ah... I've made a point of avoiding that one since I had a short subscription & they automatically renewed it without so much as a by-your-leave.

I've had a quick look this evening & their search seems to be as fuzzy as ever, offering male & female regardless of the initial name being searched for.

Perhaps I should spend some time down at the library again... they have access on their computers.

Thanks anyway.
D