Author Topic: fredrick william thrackray  (Read 967 times)

Offline dave taxi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
fredrick william thrackray
« on: Saturday 27 August 11 11:31 BST (UK) »
 I'm looking for the obituary of a cousin who died in Salford. His name was Frederick William Thackray. His mother was Ann Tilzey Thackray and he married his first cousin Ethel Tilzey. Fred died at the age of 102, in the fall of 1968. He was born 24 January 1866. Any idea where the obituary was likely publish? What the most likely newspaper would have been at that time?

Offline JDGen

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: fredrick william thrackray
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 August 11 11:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave,

Here is a link to a list of newspapers for the North West of England:

http://www.wrx.zen.co.uk/norpress.htm

I think that the Manchester Evening News or the Salford Advertiser would be the most likely - they are linked from the page above.

However, I think you will need the exact date of death from the certificate or other information if you have it - the Manchester Evening News is a daily paper and without the date it would be too difficult to go through all the papers.

Hope this helps,

Jean
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

CHS: Barber(Tabley) Barlow(Antrobus) Blackshaw(Lymm, Mobberley) Blease/Done/Moore(G Bud) Owen(Netherton, Tabley) Spragg/Witter(Goostrey) Youd(Frodsham) Pennell Bankes Birchall Beckett
DBY: Higginbottom(Mellor)
HRT: Gurney
HRT/BED/ESS: Verney (Markyate St)
LAN: Davenport(Bolton) Schofield/Gurney(Oldham) Lord(Heap) Quinn(Manchester) Sutcliffe(Rossendale)
NTH: Tubb/Johnson(Hellidon)Brown(Kettering)
YKS: Scott(Clapham)