Author Topic: John JANE  (Read 15392 times)

Offline Phil - keastconnect

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: John JANE
« Reply #18 on: Friday 28 October 11 09:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Folks,

If I might interject at this belated time?!

The mother of Ann Hawke Keast was indeed Caroline - and there was a court case regarding the father.

This was transcribed from the West Briton and posted to Cornish-Gen in 2007 and I copied it and circulated it to those subscribed to the Keast list - you can search the Rootsweb archives for free.

Caroline later married Thomas Pinwell Jeffery and had a further 5 children with him.

She is the sister to Mary Richards Keast.

Ann married Samuel Jane and appears to have had at least 14 children with him (and there a couple of possibles).

I hope that helps.

If anybody wants to contact me for Keast info, you can Google Keastconnect.

Cheers,

Phil

Offline Brook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 25 November 11 05:15 GMT (UK) »
Anne Hawke Jane nee Keast was my great grandmother.  She had 16 children, 2 died at birth.  One of them was John Jane, one of them being my grandmother Florence Jane.  My mother Gladys made an album up of all Anne H Jane's children and she even has a photo of your John Jane!!  He was evidently sent to live with his uncle at an early age because they had no children of their own.  Seems harsh if true, but in those days I suppose life was often cruel.  Anne Hawke Keast was the illegitimate daughter of Caroline Keast and William Hawk(e) who was a prominent landholder in Pillaton.  The story already alluded to by another poster.  I hope I can send a photocopy of John Jane's photograph to you via this site. 

Offline Galapagos

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 04 December 11 17:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brooks

Thanks for the email.  I would love to have a picture of John Janes brothers and sisters.

I have recently met John Janes granddaughter and she told me that he had 14 siblings.  I now have 2 pictures of John Jane.

He lived until he was 89 and died in 1954 at Barncoose Hospital, Redruth, Cornwall.

I understood that Florence went to America/Canada and died there but her husband came back  to England.  Is that correct and are you in Cornwall.

Regards

Galapagos
May Lanlivery area, Cornwall
Phillips Lanlivery area, Cornwall
Jane Newbridge, Callington area, Cornwall
Philp Cornwall
Hocking Newquay area, Cornwall - Henry Hocking was Chairman of Newquay Urban District Council in 1945/46
Edward May emigrated to America in 1906 born Lanlivery 1884

Offline Brook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 05 December 11 06:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi!  The picture I have of John Jane (they called him Jack!) is taken when he is 88 years old.  Florence was the youngest and married Charles Horace Shedwell Allen in Cornwall and moved to Canada where they both lived out their lives.  I have a picture of John's mother and father - Ann Hawke Jane (nee Keast) and Samuel Jane, and some of his siblings.  I will endeavour to scan and send a few a time.  A bit short of time right now, as working 5 days a week and of course the Christmas rush!!!  I live in Australia now, having moved here 25 years ago from Canada!
I  will try to send a couple of photos this time!!! have been trying to send but the kb are too high. will try again in a couple of days when I figure out how to compress the photos!

Offline Brook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 05 December 11 06:46 GMT (UK) »
Me again, I am trying this photo size, let me know if it comes through okay!

Offline Brook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 05 December 11 07:04 GMT (UK) »
one last time - hopefully a bit larger and easier to see!! Ann and Samuel were married nearly 60 years and died 5 days apart!

Offline Galapagos

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 05 December 11 22:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi brooks

A Picture Of John Jane
Philp Cornwall
Hocking Newquay area, Cornwall - Henry Hocking was Chairman of Newquay Urban District Council in 1945/46

Offline Galapagos

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 07 December 11 22:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brook

Thanks for the pictures.  They have come through fine.  Hope you got the one of John Jane okay.  I am not sure what age he was when this was taken.  I was only given it recently.  I have tried to send a message to you but not sure if it went through okay.

I would love to have any other pictures particularly of all John Janes siblings.  It is great to hear from you as I have been trying for a long time to piece together John Janes past.  As I have previously stated his marriage certificate states his father as being John Jane which is obviously incorrect.  This was making it difficult to progress so your information has been a great help.

Thank you

Galapagos
Philp Cornwall

Offline Brook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 12 December 11 06:28 GMT (UK) »
Well here are 2 more, one of my grandmother Florence Jane, her husband Charles Allen, my mother Gladys, her brothers Reg and John, taken in Winnipeg Canada probably about 1916 or so.  The other is of Ann Hawke Jane (nee Keast), in 1908 and she is 65 years old.  This photo was taken at the Launceston Markets.
Hope you enjoy these!