Author Topic: Walton Parochial cemetery  (Read 3326 times)

Offline Dizzielizzie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Walton Parochial cemetery
« on: Sunday 28 August 11 21:45 BST (UK) »
Hoping some helpful person can advise who I contact to gain information regarding how many persons are in grave with Jane Connor buried 1918 please

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
Re: Walton Parochial cemetery
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 August 11 22:07 BST (UK) »
Hi, welcome to the forum.

I really think you need to be a bit more specific.

There are many Waltons around the country, one in Liverpool, another in the Lake District, yet another - I think, in Northamptonshire.

Also please give the details of the grave, perhaps the number, I'm assuming that you have this as you know which cemetery the grave is in.

It would be a better suggestion to post your message on the appropriate county board.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline Dizzielizzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 28 August 11 22:19 BST (UK) »
Thank you for reply.and sorry I am new to asking for help.I was not sure where to post..In answer to question it was liverpool and the burial was 23rd september 1918  2358
Thank you again

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 29 August 11 00:01 BST (UK) »
I believe you have found this entry in the Ancestry database, Grave 44W.

Looking down the list on pages before and after there are many in Row? 44 many of them having died in the Liverpool Infirmary or Workhouse.  My belief is that Jane's grave would be a general one, scroll through the pages - there are about 70 of them, and see how many burials have the same number as Jane, however, if you were to contact the City Farm they would be willing to check it for you (suggest a donation to the charity) and possibly also identify the grave and whether there might be a headstone.

Read these useful messages where you will also find details how to contact the City Farm.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,531354.0.html
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,495685.msg3527701.html#msg3527701
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~westderbycemetery/walton%20cemetery%20inscriptions.html
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline Dizzielizzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 29 August 11 06:38 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much MaryA I will follow your advice and inform you of the result
I feel I maybe getting somewhere now after a year long search.
Thank you again...