Author Topic: birth of Daniel Friend c1664  (Read 3017 times)

Offline clivealbert

• RootsChat Senior
  • First meeting with granddaughter
    • View Profile
birth of Daniel Friend c1664
« on: Saturday 03 September 11 06:43 BST (UK) »
Hi, List, I am trying to find the birth of Daniel Friend, who married Sarah Wood at St. Lawrence, Ramsgate
on 26 Sept. 1685. Sarah was born 26 Dec 1664 at Ramsgate.
I have searched St.Lawrence and St. Peters in Ramsgate. I assume he was born else were in Kent.
Best Wishes Clive
marshall, reynolds ,cockayne, parrot ,friend,hayman.bielby,carr,Dobbs,Jeffries,Dear,Spink,Henshaw,Crump

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: birth of Daniel Friend c1664
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 September 11 08:15 BST (UK) »
There are a few early ones aroune ie.

Daniel (Daniel) 1631 Sandwich
Daniel (Daniel and Ann) 1638 Canterbury
Daniel (George and Margery) 1653 Margate (buried 1657)
Daniel (John and Margaret) 1666/1667 Canterbury
http://www.familysearch.org

Have you investigated the FREND/FRIEND wills in the area to see whethere there are any clues there?
http://www.kentarchaeology.ac/ekwills_a/series/ekp1_intro.html

Casalguidi :)

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Brian2009

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 September 11 15:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Clive,
The Friend family, were landowners on the Margate / Broadstairs borders. - Northdown Park, was given to Margate Borough Council in the 1920's by the Friend family.  There is a local garden centre owned by his grandson in the East Northdown area of Margate/Broadstairs. 

(St Peters is a village in its own right, and borders Ramsgate, Margate and Broadstairs.  The church dates back to 1582. I think the locals would turn in their graves if they were to be considered part of Ramsgate!!)

I would suggest you look at the St Johns (Margate) parish records, as there are a number of Friends listed. 
There is a Daniel born 16 Oct 1653, son of George & Margery Friend

Brian

Offline countryfriend

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 06 September 11 23:47 BST (UK) »
Hi, Daniel Friend was baptised in St Peters Church Sandwich 1667. He was married to Sarah Wood in 1685 at St.Lawrence, Ramsgate. Daniel was the son of Robert Friend b 1633 at St Peters and his first wife was Hester who died in childbirth.
Robert Friend was the son of Valentine Friend and Elizabeth Marchant who were married at St Peters on 10 Aug 1627.  There is no record of the birth of Valentine but it is believed that his father was Anthony Friend who moved to St Peters parish from Walderslade Parish some 3/4 miles away.
Valentine was my Great Great x9 grandfather!! Hope this is of help
Countryfriend

Offline clivealbert

• RootsChat Senior
  • First meeting with granddaughter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 11 September 11 13:14 BST (UK) »
Hi, casalguidi,Brian,and country friend, I am sorry that I have not replied sooner, I am on Holiday in Australia and moving around. You have been a great help, I have been struggling with the Friend family for quite a while.
countryfriend can i ask you if you have the family of Daniel and Sarah, my interest in the Friend family starts with Mary Jane Friend born 1861(my gt. grandmother, her father was Richard Hayman Friend born 1826 in Ramsgate son of Daniel Friend and Margaret Hayman. Both Richard and his father were fishermen/mariners
and not associated with the land Daniel born 1667 would be my 7xgt. grandfather. i hope I am not on the wrong track
best wishes Clive, in avery sunny OZ
marshall, reynolds ,cockayne, parrot ,friend,hayman.bielby,carr,Dobbs,Jeffries,Dear,Spink,Henshaw,Crump

Offline JAVICAUS

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 13 March 12 03:52 GMT (UK) »
My information does not have direct sources, but has been compiled and checked against details received from 2 well-established family Friend researchers in England who provide details of sources for various generations - usually church records / wills and/or books published regarding  the time/s when these events happened.
In answer I can supply the following details : Daniel Friend - Christened St. Peters, Sandwich, England on 05/03/1663 . Died 1731 / Saint laurence, and buried 28/08/1731 St. Lawrence, Thanet, Kent, England  - Father : Robert Friend (1633 - 1696 ) Mother : Hester [ Unknown ]  Died 21/10/1666  - Also buried -  as her husband - St. Peters , Sandwich , Kent.

I am resident of Australia , and a direct descendant of Charles Friend ( my 2 x Great-Grandfather - 1812 - 1893 ) who established the Friend  family in Tasmania.

If I can be of further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me

JamesP