Author Topic: Ellen O'Reilly  (Read 3175 times)

Offline gmoneill01

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ellen O'Reilly
« on: Tuesday 06 September 11 00:36 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Am Looking for Ellen O'Reilly born Limerick city (according to census) c. 1871. RIP by c.1939. I have marriage for her and Thomas White in dublin in 1896. Her father's name was Francis who was a gardener. I have no idea where in Limerick she was born. She had children Tom, Peter, Pat, christina and James all born in Dublin and who I have information on. Any help greatly appreciated with birth record of Ellen. Oh seemingly she had six sisters who all emigrated to America together at some stage.  Have posted on various sites but have no information on these

Thanks all

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Ellen O'Reilly
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 September 11 14:41 BST (UK) »
You can search the civil BMD Index for possible matches, but I'm not seeing any Ellen [O']Reilly birth registrations around the right time in the Limerick registration district (which includes all of the city).  See Births Ellen O'Reilly, 1869 to 1873

Unfortunately you have to search through results for all of Ireland, as the search by district doesn't work correctly for Limerick (it seems to confuse the county and district).

There is an O'Reilly family listed in the extracted civil records in Limerick city with father Francis that might be worth checking to see what his occupation is..  There's no sign of an Ellen for this family but there is a Margaret Ellen born in 1875.  (Note : the extracted record collections are not complete)

See  : O'Reilly, Morrisey births

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline gmoneill01

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ellen O'Reilly
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 September 11 19:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks a million Shane.  I certainly will explore all the avenues you've very kindly mentioned. Much appreciated

Ger