Author Topic: Wilkie in Kincardineshire, Aberdeenshire and Angus  (Read 3133 times)

Offline Lady Macbeth

• 1965-2013
  • Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Wilkie in Kincardineshire, Aberdeenshire and Angus
« on: Thursday 05 May 05 16:20 BST (UK) »
Hi all, I am interested contacting anyone one is looking at the Wilkies, mainly in Kincardineshire, but also in Aberdeenshire and Angus.  In particular, I have

Alexander Wilkie, b 1777 Fettercairn, Kincardine, married Margaret Middleton (b1785 Bervie, Kincardine) 1808 Benholm, Kincardine.  Alexander was a blacksmith and they are both buried in Benholm churchyard.

They had the following children
John 1808
Alexander 1810
Jean 1812
David 1818
William 1821 all Benholm

I believe Alexander had brothers David, 1780, and John, 1782, both Fettercairn.  Their parents were John Wilkie and Margaret Smith.  I imagine John would have been born c1750s but I am stuck on him.  I can find no marriage for them but there appears to be a gap in the records of Fettercairn around 1770 so that may account for it.

I have quite a lot on Alexander jun's line (1810) who married Jane Watt c1842 which I am happy to share.  The family moved around in the Benholm, Johnshaven, St Cyrus area.

If anyone is researching another line which leads back to this John Wilkie (c1750s) I would be happy to hear from you.

Lesley
Gegan, Geoghegan, Gagan, or any variation whatsoever in Ireland (particularly Co Offaly/Kings Co) and Scotland;
Symons and Symon in Angus, Perthshire and Aberdeenshire, Scotland;
McKenna in Ireland and Scotland;
Wilkie in Kincardine and Angus, Scotland