Author Topic: Surname Interests  (Read 5725 times)

Offline Rinnie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Surname Interests
« on: Saturday 19 June 04 19:07 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am currently researching the following families from the Methwold, Northwold and Gooderstone areas: Tuddenham, Rolfe and Rosier. If any one has any connections I would love to hear from you.

Thanks

Rin  :)
North Wales: Denbighshire: Williams, Griffiths, Davies, Jones, Speed, Matthias, Hopwood, Pugh, Hughes, Edwards, Rowland, Blower (Bloor)
Flintshire: Blower (Bloor), Williams, Clarke
Staffordshire: Darlington, Stubbs, Biddulph
Cheshire: Stubbs, Wade, Henshaw(Henshall)
Cumberland: Marriner, Tuddenham, Bell, Norman, Crozier
Norfolk: Tuddenham, Rolfe, Rosier

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Aingeal Léana Ní Mactíre

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Surname Interests
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 May 06 22:58 BST (UK) »
Rin a chara,
I too am searching for Rolfe in Norfolk. Please feel free to check my webpage and if you find a link be sure to let me know thanks Aingeal.

http://www1.tribalpages.com/tribe/browse?userid=a221081&view=8&tview=0&rand=20028&lastname=Rolfe
Rolfe-McGrath-Hunt-Buckenham-Leake-Melaney-England-Ireland-Wales-Nottingham-Norfolk

http://www1.tribalpages.com/tribe/browse?userid=a221081&view=9&rand=133720301

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 25 September 06 10:47 BST (UK) »
Hiya Rin,

I have just learnt of a Rosier named Jack. He and his wife Milly used to visit my Grandparents and Aunt in Barnstaple. My sister and I met them in the late 40s, early 50s. We were discussing them when we had a phone conversation this morning. We think Jack would have been born in the late 1890s. He was a talented amateur artist ... his work was very neat so my sister thinks he may have worked as a draughtsman. I'm not certain in which part of the counrty he and Milly lived.

Sorry I can not offer more information but we will keep digging into the memory bank and may come up with more in due course as there are another couple I'll mention on another thread.

Best Wishes, Chris 

Offline emma86

• RootsChat Extra
  • My great grandmother (the little girl) + her aunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 24 June 09 18:23 BST (UK) »
Hi
My great grandmother was a Tuddenham descended from John and Susan Tuddenham (nee Russell) who moved up to Cumberland from Norfolk.

Emma
Cooper, Tuddenham, Wilkinson

Offline Rinnie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 30 June 09 22:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Emma,

I've not been on here in awhile just checked the date I posted this and it was 5 years ago!!

My great grandmother Caroline is also descended from John and Susan Tuddenham, through their son James, Caroline was moved to Manchester to live with Rebecca (James' sister).  How are you related?

Corinne
North Wales: Denbighshire: Williams, Griffiths, Davies, Jones, Speed, Matthias, Hopwood, Pugh, Hughes, Edwards, Rowland, Blower (Bloor)
Flintshire: Blower (Bloor), Williams, Clarke
Staffordshire: Darlington, Stubbs, Biddulph
Cheshire: Stubbs, Wade, Henshaw(Henshall)
Cumberland: Marriner, Tuddenham, Bell, Norman, Crozier
Norfolk: Tuddenham, Rolfe, Rosier

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline emma86

• RootsChat Extra
  • My great grandmother (the little girl) + her aunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 01 July 09 14:26 BST (UK) »
Hi corinne
I am related to John and Susan Tuddenham by my great grandmother who was a descendant of John Tuddenham (1834) and Margaret Wilson. My great grandmother Evelyn Taylor (nee Tuddenham) was the daughter of Elizabeth Tuddenham (born 1889) who was a daughter of John Tuddenham (born Longtown 1853) and Mary Ritchie, this John being the son of John and Margaret Tuddenham. Hope I haven't managed to confuse you too much, if only they werent all called John it would be much simpler!

I dont suppose you happen to have any old photographs of any of the  Tuddenhams that you wouldn't mind sharing? I have no photographs other than some of my great grandmother and it would be nice to see what they looked like.

Emma
Cooper, Tuddenham, Wilkinson

Offline harrygeorge1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 04 July 09 20:01 BST (UK) »
I too have a connection to the Rolfe's from Methwold, and then later the Upwell area.
My 9xgr grandad was Robert Rolfe 1610 feltwell - the line then goes Thomas 1640, Joseph 1687, Thomas 1711, Anthony 1750,then Thomas and Hannah Baker (these 2 moved to upwell).

Have you tried this website?
http://www.mdfamilyhistory.co.uk/surnames-oneletter.php?firstchar=R
Tuddenham surname is also on here.

Marjorie is very helpful if you contact her. If I can help in any way please pm me.

Andrea.

Andrea.
Haynes,Cobb,Welcher,Cox, Buck, Hipwell, Crunckhorn, Searle, Gilbert, (cambs),Lakey,Lavender,Merrington,Rolfe,Larkman (welney), Bell (docking),Haigh, Heselgrove,Bastow,Price,(yorks), Hipperson, Sadler.

Offline peter john

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: tuddenhamSurname Interests
« Reply #7 on: Monday 07 September 09 13:24 BST (UK) »
Hello Emma got a photo of eves mother brother and step father eve was brought up by my grandmother her aunt clara tuddenham then went to live with her grand parents john mary tuddenham

Offline peter john

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 07 September 09 14:04 BST (UK) »
Hello Emma got a photo of eves mother brother and step father eve was brought up by my grandmother her aunt clara tuddenham then went to live with her grand parents john mary tuddenham