Author Topic: Janet Walker Biggar  (Read 2455 times)

Offline barryrscott

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Janet Walker Biggar
« on: Saturday 17 September 11 21:09 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

I am struggling for somewhere to look for more information on Janet Walker Biggar b 17/7/1877 in Lauder, Berwickshire.

I have a Birth Cert, Death Cert and a Marriage Cert for her including 2 census reports on her but the problem is that I cannot find any info on her father.

Her Birth Cert has her mum named as Minnie Biggar and she was noted as Illigitimate. Her Step father was William Steel.

Is there any way of finding out more info on her biological father?

Offline epfedin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Janet Walker Biggar
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 September 11 20:34 BST (UK) »
If you look at the records on Scotlands People, there may be a Corrected Entry, later than the registration of her birth.  Sometimes, these list the natural father, if the mother had tried to get financial support from him

Elma

Offline barryrscott

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 September 11 21:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks epfedin but there is no corrected error that I can find. I guess I am a bit stuck.

Offline nanato5

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 21 September 11 23:24 BST (UK) »
hi barry , im a Biggar by marraige,husband family are all from the borders area,but not really looked that far into that side yet ,he been very busy working (abroad) i will have a hunt for his folder and see what paperwork he has got already on the biggar family.

ps sorry forgot to say hello welcome to rootschat                                                       

eva
mcgilp & pringle,kilbride ,bute                                                 
mackie,fife .                                                                 
brabender& pringle,glasgow.edward biggar,peebles                                                 
pringle&brown,& aitken,glasgow ,                                                           
wight,east lothian & borders.little,lothian.