Author Topic: Margaret Billinghurst  (Read 4345 times)

Offline alexandramac

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Margaret Billinghurst
« on: Monday 19 September 11 04:04 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone from here in Oz.  Could I please have a lookup to see if it is possible to find the parents of Margaret Billinghurst.  She was born in Birling Kent in 1760 (not certain)  She married a John Miller who was also born in Kent .  I think they married in 1790, again uncertain. and anything that could be found of either of them would be wonderful. This is all I know of them.  Thank you very much if anyone can help.

Offline DORAN54

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Billinghurst
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 October 11 22:33 BST (UK) »
parents of Margaret billingshurst were Henry billingshurst  born 1692 and Frances  dann born 1696 mereworth Kent.

Margaret billingshurst born 1731 married john  mills born 1731 on the 19 october 1757 at mereworth kent they had a daughter  margaret  19march 1760, she married on the 17 oct 1790 to henry albury born 1759 at east Farleigh  Kent. they both died 1797 Australia.

their children  Henry  b,1791 d,1864 north west bay Tasmania.
john  b,1794  d,1868 manning river new south wales.

Harriet  b,1796  d,1887 auburn new south wales

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 21 October 11 04:37 BST (UK) »
Marriage;
Margaret BILLINGHURST
John MILLER
19 October 1757, Mereworth, Kent
(IGI Extracted)

Christened 25 April 1731, Mereworth to HENRY/FRANCES (IGI Extracted)
Sumitted Record of Henry/Frances DANN Marrying 20 Feb 1717, Mereworth, Kent

Margaret MILLER was Christened 20 Feb 1760, Birling, Kent to JOHN/MARGARET

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline alexandramac

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 25 October 11 00:20 BST (UK) »
 Thank you very much Doran 54 and Trish1120. I appreciate the trouble you went to. The dates have given me plenty to go on. The Billinghursts seem very hard to find.  Did Margaret have any siblings that are known of please?  Doran 54 I am not sure which family died in Australia but the Tasmania Henry Albury is my line....some came to NSW and some went to Tas....cheers

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 25 October 11 03:44 BST (UK) »
Siblings of Margaret BILLINGHURST's Christenings;
MARY 30 November 1718
JOHN 0 March 1719
HENRY 26 May 1723
ELIZABETH 28 January 1727
All at Mereworth to JOHN/FRANCES
(Source Familysearch.Org)

Siblings of Margaret MILLER's Christenings;
FRANCES 31 March 1762
MARY 06 March 1764
All at Birling, Kent to JOHN/MARGARET
(there may be others but this is all I could find)

Henry BILLINGHURST Christened 25 Feb 1693, Mereworth to THOMAS
(is this the right one Doran54?)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline alexandramac

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 25 October 11 04:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish thank you so much!  That gives me a lot more info to glean something with and complete this part of the tree.........My Henry Billinghurst (father of margaret)  is born around 1692 and I have no idea if Thomas is his father or who his mother is as I know nothing of him or Frances Dann.....anything about him would be great...cheers..ps very cute twiglets!

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 25 October 11 04:33 BST (UK) »
Hi again,
I must say there are some inconsistancies in info on Family Trees and Submiited info for this Family;
Eg Henry ALBURY born Kent or London
And Marrying Margaret 1790 Kent or London

If Henry/ Margaret died 1797 who had their young Children?
Other Trees have them dying in NSW and there is no evidence of that on NSW BMD at least.

I think exact evidence needs to be found for later stuff before trying to go back pre 1750.
I will have a look around and get back to this later.

Offline alexandramac

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 25 October 11 05:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish..yep that was a problem till a family member ironed it out...you can see the right one on some trees..Henry Albury married twice, once to Margaret Miller (producing my Henry, John and Harriet) and then married Anne Miller producing more children.  Some people have run it together as Margaret Anne Miller and naming her as one person and the mother of all the children but that is incorrect.   My Henry came to Tassie in 1932 with wife Mary unknown and child Mary Ann, and died there.  His brother John married Ann Relph went to NSW and is the great grandfather of Henry Lawson one of our most famous poets.  I am sure I have the right line running to Margaret Miller, but there is a lot of misinformation out there about it and pity is its been published.   Hope this explains!  cheers trish and thank you

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 25 October 11 07:12 BST (UK) »
AAh that explains a lot as I had found the Ann Miller Marriage :)