Author Topic: "Leda" Freemantle 15-1-1830 passenger list  (Read 1563 times)

Offline mum mum

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Robert Warnock and Annie Balcombe
    • View Profile
"Leda" Freemantle 15-1-1830 passenger list
« on: Tuesday 20 September 11 09:22 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am hoping someone can find a passenger list for this voyage of the "Leda" from Sydney. There were eight passsengers on board, some reports say that all sailed on to Mauritius, another report says that two men stayed in Freemantle.
I would be interested also to find out where the "Leda" went after Mauritius and if there would be any passenger lists available at her next ports of call.
I am particularly interested in an Elizabeth Robinson who I have been told is on the passenger list departing Sydney.
mum mum
Balcombe, Sussex. Warnes, Norfolk and Australia. Hansen, Denmark and Canada. Williams, Canada. Warnock, Forsythe, Joyce, Sayers, in Ireland.

Offline grannie annie

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: "Leda" Freemantle 15-1-1830 passenger list
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 10 December 11 14:56 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth Robinson arrived in Fremantle with Henry Wood* aboard the Leda...they are my 3rd great grandparents......I will have to go through all my notes and see where I got the original information from.....do you have a direct link to Elizabeth ??

Annette

*Henry was not mentioned on the passenger list, it is believed he came across as part of the crew.....this was not long after he had received his certificate of freedom from the NSW govt (he promptly tore it up and gave it back to them.)

Offline mum mum

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Robert Warnock and Annie Balcombe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 10 December 11 21:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Annette,

Yes Elizabeth Robinson was my GGG Grandmother too, several of her other descendants and myself have been investigating a link between Elizabeth and the Broughton/Booughton family who arrived in Swan River aboard the Hooghley in 1830.
We had built quite a strong case for Elizabeth being the missing daughter of the Broughton family, most likely Jane's daughter from a previous marriage. That was until I saw that you had a passenger list for the Leda with Elizabeth and Henry both on board.
I would be very interested in seeing the list, or where you got the information from as it would certainly make us have to rethink our findings.

Regards, your cousin mum mum
Balcombe, Sussex. Warnes, Norfolk and Australia. Hansen, Denmark and Canada. Williams, Canada. Warnock, Forsythe, Joyce, Sayers, in Ireland.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 20 August 14 11:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Grannie Annie,

We know that you are trying to access a new password, but sadly we only have an old email address that is no longer working.

Please click on the "contact support" button for help, this is a the bottom of the front page.

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk