Author Topic: Turner Le Sueur Phelps b 1841 St Helier  (Read 1661 times)

Offline merrymoo

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Turner Le Sueur Phelps b 1841 St Helier
« on: Friday 23 September 11 12:31 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Could anyone please help me find the father of Turner Le Sueur Phelps b 1841 in St Helier, Jersey. His mother was Marguerite Jane Phelps, possibly nee Le Sueur. I am also trying to find out if Margueurite's mother was Rachel Le Sueur as she is living with Marguerite and Turner in 1841.

thanks very much
Rodd, Royffe, Guinn (Bethnal Green), Trevett, Trivet etc (Dorset), Moore (Devon & Dorset), Cox Lyme Regis & Bath), McGregor (Surrey & Kent), Brown & Wilkinson (Bethnal Green), Wilkinson, Hazell, Hazel,Poole & Poole (Bucks)
Royffe, Ducro (London, prob Huguenot)
Scotland: Mackrell (Dumbarton)
Wales: Thomas, Jones (Glamorgan)
Ireland: Kelly (Dublin City), Stubbs (Dublin and Mallow, Cork), Woods (Dublin City) Mackrell (Limerick) Moram (Dublin) Toole (Dublin)

Offline la grande-méthe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Turner Le Sueur Phelps b 1841 St Helier
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 September 11 15:36 BST (UK) »
Turner Le Sueur Phelps was born on August 27th 1841 in St Helier, his parents were Peter Turner Phelps and Margaret Jane Le Sueur Phelps.

Peter Turner Phelps was born 1795 in Stoke Damerel, Devon and married Marguerite  in St Lawrence Jersey.

The only reason we did a bit of research on this family is because our name is Phelps and we live in Jersey. A friend said that she had the name Phelps in her tree so we did a little bit of digging. It turned out that Turner's son John  married a Margaret Ahier (2nd wife) and that was the Phelps connection to her tree.

We didn't do a lot more than that and like you assumed that Marguerite Le Sueur's mother was Rachel Unknown, however I don't think it would be difficult to dig some more and find the information you require.

I will be working at the Jersey Archive on Tues morning so if it's not too busy I'll have a look.

Offline merrymoo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Turner Le Sueur Phelps b 1841 St Helier
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 September 11 16:07 BST (UK) »
Oh thanks soooo much,  :D

We were in Jersey only last year visiting friends and what a wonderful long weekend we had. The weather was beautiful and we promised ourselves we would go back again soon so it was very exciting to find we were related to the Le Sueur family, albeit distantly.

It's actually also Turner's son John who is the link to my tree as his first wife was Florence Catherine Bean b 1873 d. 1911 who is my 2nd cousin. I don't think that John and Florence had any children as they are childless in Apr 1911 on the census (no live children born to the marriage) and she dies in the October after just 10 years of marriage.

If you can tell me anything about the Le Sueur family further back I would be grateful but only if you have the time.

Kind regards
Diane
Rodd, Royffe, Guinn (Bethnal Green), Trevett, Trivet etc (Dorset), Moore (Devon & Dorset), Cox Lyme Regis & Bath), McGregor (Surrey & Kent), Brown & Wilkinson (Bethnal Green), Wilkinson, Hazell, Hazel,Poole & Poole (Bucks)
Royffe, Ducro (London, prob Huguenot)
Scotland: Mackrell (Dumbarton)
Wales: Thomas, Jones (Glamorgan)
Ireland: Kelly (Dublin City), Stubbs (Dublin and Mallow, Cork), Woods (Dublin City) Mackrell (Limerick) Moram (Dublin) Toole (Dublin)