Author Topic: Chinese census 1901 . shanghai ?? Clifton , Limby <Stockwell. Stietz , Korford >  (Read 1436 times)

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
hi i have tracked down my FRANCES AUGUSTA CLIFTON thru her many names baptised in 1839 as daughter of Lavinia knight de irujo(father Jones ) Jones ... so you can see it has been quite a mission .
 i have her living alone in London in 1841as  Fanny Jones  BUT in 1852 she is married to Samuel Clifton in Hong Kong .
 She was well bred and educated but illegitimate . her father Captain Charles Jones had recognised her as and adult in 1839 but when he died in 1843 she was not in his will.
 I believe she died at a ripe old age and may still have been living in Bubbling Well road in 1900.
 I would like to complete the story with ..
1. how and when did she get to Hong Kong to marry Samuel?. (his first wife Elizabeth had died the year before leaving him with two young children )

2. is there a 1901 Chinese census for shanghai or English residents there ?
3. when did she die and where is she buried .
 $ Is there any one out there that is related who would like to fill in some gaps for me .
 Thanks
 Fred .
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..