Author Topic: Herbert Ernest BIEBER b1846 London England and Mary Ellen nee Lyall b1853 Lincs  (Read 2076 times)

Offline kiwicatz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mum, Vera Warren aged 7 at 32 Millais Rd Enfield
    • View Profile
Sorry, couldn't fit it all in - should be Mary Ellen Bieber (nee Lyall) b 1853 Lincolnshire England. I have found these people in Lennoxville, Sherbrooke, Quebec in 1901 and 1911, and last found them in England (Hampshire) in 1881 where they had five children and Herbert was a Farmer of 700 acres. I am trying to find when they went to Canada. I'm pretty sure they were there by 1891 but can't access a census for that date, also think that it is them who are on the New York Passenger Lists 1820-1957, but I don't have access to them either.
Hoping sks can help me here, or advise me where to look next.
Jan Moon
Pottsville NSW Australia
Enfield/Edmonton: Warren Ridler Jenkins Card Stevens Shelton Tookey
Stourpaine Dorset: Ball Haine/Hain/Hayne, Ferrett New Light Roberts Coward Read others
Ontario, Canada: Wallace Blow Goodson
Tampa, Florida: Goodson
Michigan: Coleman, Goodson
Newport Mon: Hopes, Evans Haines Ball Harris
Louth/Sleaford: Goodson Cartwright Crosby Burkitt Pacey + others
Norfolk Palmer, Smith, Moore
Ross Shire: McKenzie Fraser McDonald McLennan
Ayrshire: Wallace Patrick Dickson

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Herbert Ernest BIEBER b1846 London England and Mary Ellen nee Lyall b1853 Lincs
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 September 11 14:58 BST (UK) »
Hi,

You can search and view the 1891 census for free at the Library and Archives Canada site.

Their last name is spelled Beiber on this census, so if you search for Herbert Beiber, he and his family show up - in Sherbrooke Quebec.

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/census-1891/001081-100.01-e.php

You can view the actual image as either a JPEG or PDF

RK

PS - both the 1901 and 1911 censuses say that they came to Canada in 1882.

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Herbert Ernest BIEBER b1846 London England and Mary Ellen nee Lyall b1853 Lincs
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 29 September 11 15:03 BST (UK) »
Hi again,

In case you don't have this information, Herbert, Mary Ellen and 3 of their daughters are buried in Malvern Cemetery, Lennoxville.   Information is here:

http://www.interment.net/data/canada/qc/sherbrooke/malvern/malv_b.htm

RK

Offline kiwicatz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mum, Vera Warren aged 7 at 32 Millais Rd Enfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 30 September 11 02:57 BST (UK) »
Hi,

You can search and view the 1891 census for free at the Library and Archives Canada site.

Their last name is spelled Beiber on this census, so if you search for Herbert Beiber, he and his family show up - in Sherbrooke Quebec.

You can view the actual image as either a JPEG or PDF

I can't figure out how to view it, but am interested to know whether the 13 yr old could be Florence instead of Clarence?
Jan

RK

PS - both the 1901 and 1911 censuses say that they came to Canada in 1882.
Enfield/Edmonton: Warren Ridler Jenkins Card Stevens Shelton Tookey
Stourpaine Dorset: Ball Haine/Hain/Hayne, Ferrett New Light Roberts Coward Read others
Ontario, Canada: Wallace Blow Goodson
Tampa, Florida: Goodson
Michigan: Coleman, Goodson
Newport Mon: Hopes, Evans Haines Ball Harris
Louth/Sleaford: Goodson Cartwright Crosby Burkitt Pacey + others
Norfolk Palmer, Smith, Moore
Ross Shire: McKenzie Fraser McDonald McLennan
Ayrshire: Wallace Patrick Dickson

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 30 September 11 03:21 BST (UK) »
Hi again,

You can view the image by first searching for Herbert Beiber in the 1891 Census search form.  I gave you the link to that.  Here it is again:

The results of your search will appear.  In this case, there is only one possibility, so just click on the name Beiber (it is underlined)

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0fa0/

Then, you arrive at a summary page for this person, and at the top of this page are PDF and JPEG

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0fa1/

Choose the one you want and you will see the image. 

Clarence could be Florence - the census says she is female. 

Hope this helps
RK

Offline Golsin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 16 February 20 22:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi, just came across your post while looking for some family info. Herbert Ernest Bieber is my husband's great grandfather and he married Mary Ellen Lyall . They had 7 children. His son, Herbert Egmont Bieber married Edith Mary Henry and they had 5 children; Arthur, Marjorie Ernie, Eleanor and William(Bill) the youngest, born in 1918 is my husband's father
Bill married Peneloppe Furber and they had 4 children.
The Biebers are Germans, from Hamburg, but originally from Leipzig when it was still part of Germany, emigrated to England and then to Quebec, Canada. We have the family history back to around 1611, unfortunately in German.
Ernie's son Hugh who lives in Quebec is fairly knowledgeable on the family history.

All of the above may be a bit late but hope it is of some help.

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 17 February 20 01:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi, just came across your post while looking for some family info. Herbert Ernest Bieber is my husband's great grandfather and he married Mary Ellen Lyall . They had 7 children. His son, Herbert Egmont Bieber married Edith Mary Henry and they had 5 children; Arthur, Marjorie Ernie, Eleanor and William(Bill) the youngest, born in 1918 is my husband's father
Bill married Peneloppe Furber and they had 4 children.
The Biebers are Germans, from Hamburg, but originally from Leipzig when it was still part of Germany, emigrated to England and then to Quebec, Canada. We have the family history back to around 1611, unfortunately in German.
Ernie's son Hugh who lives in Quebec is fairly knowledgeable on the family history.

All of the above may be a bit late but hope it is of some help.

Did a branch of this Bieber family live in Drummondville, Quebec?  I grew up there and there was a Bieber family, all older than myself, but a married daughter lived next door to us for awhile.

Offline Golsin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 17 February 20 15:53 GMT (UK) »
Yes, Ernie and Elizabeth Bieber lived in Drummondville; they had 3 children , Hugh,Barb and Vickie.
Hugh married Francine Chagnon and they had 2 daughters and lived in Drummondville.
Not sure which age group you are referring to.

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Yes, Ernie and Elizabeth Bieber lived in Drummondville; they had 3 children , Hugh,Barb and Vickie.
Hugh married Francine Chagnon and they had 2 daughters and lived in Drummondville.
Not sure which age group you are referring to.

I have PM’d you as we are discussing people who might still be living.