Author Topic: Families from Killaney/Boardmills Parishes  (Read 8163 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Families from Killaney/Boardmills Parishes
« Reply #9 on: Monday 10 October 11 17:34 BST (UK) »
Hi,
   In the PRONI wills if you enter the name you are looking for and then where it states "FULL ABSTRACT" enter Killaney it should show only the wills you are looking for.

Regards

I do that sometimes also but you need to be careful with spelling variations which that won't find.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline ColTree

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 10 October 11 22:32 BST (UK) »
Many, many thanks to all who have replied.  It has certainly renewed my enthusiam in tracing my family's history, particularly in Ireland.  I will follow up on the information supplied and then pass it on to my other "Family Tree" members here in Aus.  Any further assistance would be very greatly appreciated.
Peter.

Offline citrustree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 04 February 14 04:06 GMT (UK) »
Have any of you come across any Maxwells or Browns in the Boardmills/Killaney area? We Maxwells in New Zealand think our Thomas who emigrated to NZ about 1826 is the son of John & Jane Maxwell nee Brown who wed at Boardmills 1st Presbyterian in 1800. Any info gratefully received!

Offline citrustree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 11 February 14 04:57 GMT (UK) »
I can tell you that the records from the 1st Boardmills Presbyterian are still held at Trinity Church there!   I've been in touch with Rev. James Hyndman there & he would like someone to search the records with him. I'm in New Zealand, so I've been searching for someone to do the honours! Our line is descended from John & Jane Maxwell nee Brown who wed in July 1800.
Specifically we're looking for the birth of their son Thomas who emigrated to NZ about 1826, & any other children they may have had, - perhaps a Robert who emigrated to Pennsylvania in the U.S..