Author Topic: 1841 census; Llanfiangel Ar Arth request please  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Two words that can change the world "Thank You"
    • View Profile
1841 census; Llanfiangel Ar Arth request please
« on: Saturday 07 May 05 03:03 BST (UK) »
Hi,
could anyone be ever so kind to look up this  below family for me in the 1841 census. I haven't got the complete 41 census, and haven't got the area of Llanfihangel ar arth. I know it is a big ask, as you have to scroll through the area. It isn't too big a population of an area.

They should be in the LLanfihangel ar arth area.

I have them in 1851 under the district of 6G page 14 of Llanfiangel ar arth (house address looks like Ty Canol in 51).

Diana/Dianah , spelled both ways through the censuses is a widow by 1851 so I haven't got a husband for her. They probably will be farmers , or farm labourers.In  51 Dianah was a stocking maker, and later censuses the boys were farm labourers. All the children were born in the Llanfiangel Ar Arth area , and were living there for a few years.

Diana/Dianah LLoyd , B ( mother)  abt 1802 ( she can't make up her mind how old she is, her age differs greatly from census to census .1851 she was 48 yrs old)
Sarah Lloyd daughter, B abt 1836
David Lloyd son, B abt 1838/39
Thomas Lloyd, B abt 1840/41 ( may not be born yet in the census of 41)

The above are all loose ages, as their ages do differ a couple years in all censuses I have of them.

There should not be many Lloyd's in this area , there wasn't in 1851, and I found them easily enough in that census because of this.
In 51 census, they were living  near  to two other families of Lloyd's, Isaac (66 yrs in 51) and a thomas (31 yrs) , Isaac may be the grandfather or a relative, then again he may not be  ;D

Thank you so much for any help. I haven't got any marriage certs for a father's name - Dianah's husband ( my relative above, is David Lloyd, and can not find his marriage cert to his wife (Ann Davies) on 1837 site, looked at all years, and found nothing), so the 41 census is my only hope of trying to trace this family back a bit. Unless I order all birth certs of every David and Thomas in  the whole of Carmarthenshire - which would cost hundreds to do with names like that.

Thank you for any help :)

Census information in my posts are crown copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.u

Offline welsh lady

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census; Llanfiangel Ar Arth request please
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 December 05 09:04 GMT (UK) »
Heres the family in 1841 living at Llainwen? Llanfihangel ar arth.Thomas Lloyd/35/Farmer/No.Dianah Lloyd/35/Yes.John Lloyd/9/Yes.Sarah Lloyd/7/Yes.Evan Lloyd/5/Yes.David Lloyd/3/Yes.Thomas Lloyd/8 months.Yes. Also heres their marriage Thomas Lloyd to Dianah Evans on 09/01/1829 in Llanfihangel -ar-arth.Best Wishes Welsh Lady
This information is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Amor/Amer-Bromham Wiltshire,Hertfordshire,Suffolk.
Pyett-Suffolk
Wolfenden-Cambridgeshire,Huntingdonshire
Bird,Nash-Essex.
Anderson,-London.Bethnal Green,Shoreditch,Hackney
King-,Uxbridge,Shoreditch,Bethnal Green
Edwards,Roberts,Lane,Price,Williams-Llanelli.
Roberts-Pembroke Dock