Author Topic: MILLINER - Gloucestershire and Glamorganshire  (Read 1790 times)

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
MILLINER - Gloucestershire and Glamorganshire
« on: Monday 24 October 11 13:40 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to find information on the family of Robert Milliner, born 1887 in Cold Ashton, Gloucestershire, died 30 July 1954 in Pentre and Alice Emily Robinson, born 1886 Newton St Loe, Somerset, died 29 Jan 1931 in Cardiff.   They married 29 Apr 1907 and moved to Pentre, Glam.   They had a number of children born both in Bath and Pentre.   After Alice's death, Robert remarried Emily Summers in 1932.

I am particularly interested in tracing the following possible children..........George Milliner (dob and pob unknown), Phyllis Milliner born about 1911 in Bath, Gertrude Milliner (dob and pob unknown) and Dennis Milliner born 8 May 1921.

Any information on the family of Emily Summers - children by previous marriage, parents, previous spouse(s) also most welcome.

Thank you in advance, Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline ACharlotte

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MILLINER - Gloucestershire and Glamorganshire
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 October 21 14:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave,

I'm also doing research into the Milliners. It would be lovely to know what information you have going back ( Currently stuck as William and Mary Fishlock, parents of Lot Milliner and Mary J Harding) but for now I can pass on some information in regards to Dennis Milliner.

Dennis was my grandfather. Unfortunately he passed away (1995 Langley) when I was very young so didn't really know him. My Nan remembers his brother Mervyn (1918 Pontpridd - 1996 Aberystwyth), and from my research had siblings,  Idris Leslie, Ruby Phyllis, Lillian J, and Ronald.

Dennis's mother is recorded as Robertson in the index but this is wrong -  it is Robinson.

I have yet to continue my research into Emily Summers but I know my grandad was close to her as she basically raised him after his mother passed away. From what my Nan has said, Emily was married previously but I will need to do a little digging to confirm this.

Hopefully I can get some more information for you in due course.

Charlotte.