Author Topic: scotlands people site  (Read 2629 times)

Offline slogger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
scotlands people site
« on: Sunday 08 May 05 05:39 BST (UK) »
re scotlands people site.
My 25 credits are out of date and i do not want to repurchase to reactivate just yet. When i try the freename search it comes back nil in all database should i still be able to do this irrespective of valid credits?

Also it will not let me view a previously viewed and paid for image is this because of unactivated credits?

I think the site is a financial con as i can not work consistently enough to use my credits within the given 7day (period)

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: scotlands people site
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 08 May 05 06:14 BST (UK) »
slogger,

The period was initially 24 hours, then 48 hours, and has only recently been increased to 7 days.

The Free Surname search works regardless of whether you have credits/time.  In addition, it is available to anyone - you do not need to be logged in as a registered user to use the Free Surname search.  I have just checked it - it is working normally.

In order to view your Previous Searches (and, from these, your Viewed Images) you need to log in with your registered user details.  I have checked  - it is working normally.

Something else you can do if you have credits left but no time remaining - you can still choose to view (pay for) images from previous searches which you had not previously viewed.

If you are still having problems, perhaps you could explain them further and someone may be able to assist.

JAP

Offline slogger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: scotlands people site
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 08 May 05 07:15 BST (UK) »
Thanx JAP will repost if stilll have probs.