Author Topic: Dutch -Java-Charles Chapple Olive  (Read 1502 times)

Offline mikecharles49

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dutch -Java-Charles Chapple Olive
« on: Tuesday 01 November 11 15:59 GMT (UK) »
Would welcome assistance from Dutch who have access to registers/records etc re my gt gt uncle Charles Chapple Olive 1812-1866, born Cornwall, UK, emigtrated to Java:
1)  He appears in Regeeerings Almanak? What does this say?
2)  He arrived Java 9 May 1834... any further information.. name of ship etc?
3)   Daughter SARAH born  circa 1839/1840 in Java, British citizen, any info on her birth etc? Mother?
4)   I know son Thomas was recognised as his son, born 1843 to Chinese woman Ong Tok.
5)   Son Charles Chapple Olive Jnr born circa 1846 in  Java .. any info on his birth and mother etc?
6) I know Charles Snr. eventually married in 1848 in Java to Anna Margareta La Feber, and they had a daughter Emma Jane Olive also in 1848.
7)  They may have had another child born 1848-1854??  Reported Anna drowned with her TWO children in 1854 off Zeeland, Holland. Can we identify the child?   (The other must be Emma Jane).
8)  Charles Olive Snr died 23 November 1866 on board frigate "Staatsradd Van Ewijck", off Madagascar.  How did he die?  Any news of this event?
9) A Charles Chapple Olive died 11 Sept 1893 at Poerwakarta (Krawang). Was this the son? Any age or details?
10) I believe Eddy Olive of Netherlands is related.. anybody have his email details?

A big ask I know, but welcome any details, thank you!