Author Topic: Moody, Little Patrick St, Belfast  (Read 2068 times)

Offline bubblylynne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Moody, Little Patrick St, Belfast
« Reply #9 on: Friday 10 May 24 21:39 BST (UK) »
Wow. Thank you so much. That is a lot of info to be getting on with.
I did notice that Govan Fair was active quite some time ago, but live in hope that they eventually see my message.
Thanks again : o)

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 10 May 24 21:39 BST (UK) »
I've just noticed a transcript of a baptism of a James Moody on 29 March 1863 in St. Patrick's RC Church, Belfast, the parents recorded as Alexander Moody and Sarah Heyburn, there is a comment to say that the parents were not married.  So it looks like Elizabeth (McVicker) Moody died before civil registration of deaths was introduced in Ireland.

Offline Govan Fair

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 10 May 24 22:45 BST (UK) »
It’s been a while since I’ve been on here but can confirm that all of the information as you’ve recorded it is correct. And thank you for putting on so much information.
I’m also the great, great granddaughter of Alexander Moody and Eliza. My family tree contains all of this information.
Alexander Moody, although all of his family lived in Govan, was buried in St Peter’s in the East End of Glasgow … sadly, it appears, in a pauper’s grave. The strange thing is I can find no census record for him having stayed anywhere in Glasgow … and I’ve searched all of it.  My guess has always been that he came, or was brought here, where he stayed for only a short time until he died.
I got the info on Andrew and Frances Moody when I visited Belfast and the Historical Records people there. Had no idea there was a connection to St Anne’s till then.
Alexander did indeed marry Sarah, a Catholic and I’ve got records of both Alexander’s and the children’s conversion to Catholicism. Was surprised about that.
When Alexander and Phoebe came ovwr to Govan in 1877, they came as Catholic and the whole family has remained that way since.
Been brilliant reading all this again as I’d not done anything family tree related in ages!
Thank you
Sandra (nee Moody)
Moody (Glasgow, Ireland),MacDonald, MacCorquodale (North Uist, Glasgow) MacPherson (Glasgow, Skye)