Author Topic: PM & attachments  (Read 668 times)

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
PM & attachments
« on: Sunday 08 May 05 19:19 BST (UK) »
 ???

Can I send an attachment with a PM? Do I have to use the "add image" icon to send a photo? On posts I use the "additional options" but it didn't come up for a PM.

Jane
Notts: Burrows, Comery, Foster, Beeson.
Derbys: Burrows, Comery, Smith  Lincs: King. 

Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: PM & attachments
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 08 May 05 19:41 BST (UK) »
Hi jane,

you can't "attach" an image to a PM but you can use the img-tags. I've just tried it to see.

HOWEVER:   Attachments are loaded from your computer onto RootsChat, and they are then permanently available for "display" on RootsChat. If you use the image tags, then this means that the image must be permanently available, i.e. on a web site.

I hope that's clear,
Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 08 May 05 23:07 BST (UK) »
Thanks Bob. Crystal clear so that if the photos are on my C drive I have to attach them not img them. Thats why I couldn't img them onto a PM.

Jane
Notts: Burrows, Comery, Foster, Beeson.
Derbys: Burrows, Comery, Smith  Lincs: King. 

Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 08 May 05 23:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Jane,
    If you want to have your images on the web so you can access the with img you can use a free photo hosting site like photobucket http://photobucket.com/ Once you have uploaded your images it will supply you with the img address, so you just copy the img address then paste it into your PM.

deadants
Cleary, Doran, Boland, McCooey, McManus, O'brien, Martin, Savage, Wallis, McCollister, Wood.  (More to come soon)