Author Topic: Death Record Elizabeth Simmons  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Fletcher42

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Death Record Elizabeth Simmons
« on: Tuesday 08 November 11 20:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi All
Really struggling with this one Elizabeth Hoole married John Simmons in Royston Barnsley 14th jan 1742 found a death for john in 1802 but cant find the death of Elizabeth Simmons nee hoole possible birth 1719 in Hunslet Moor, St Cuthbert, Yorkshire, England they had 5 children that i can see joshua, samuel,hannah,anne, and mary and were resident in cudworth at the time of there marriage.
Thanks Richard
Fletcher, Ogley, Shaw, Harvey, Dearnley, Simmons, Rodgers, Oldham, Robinson
Area,s Include - Barnsley, Gainsborough, Sheffield, Everton Drakeholes, Clayworth,

Offline Sherbertrose

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Death Record Elizabeth Simmons
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 November 11 14:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Richard,

I have not found a death for Elizabeth but it would seem that they had two other children that may be you are not aware of? John christened 17 Nov 1743 and Elizabeth christened 1 April 1746.

Hope this helps,

Sandra
Ibbotson, Mitchell, Metcalfe, Hulley, Carter, Burton, Rodgers, Staniforth, Mann

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 09 November 11 15:08 GMT (UK) »
If a death record for Elizabeth isn't found, could you have the wrong   John Simmons death ,  its a very common name, if so perhaps Elizabeth remarried. :-\

Just thoughts.
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline Fletcher42

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 09 November 11 17:43 GMT (UK) »
Just a quick thankyou to Sandra for the extra 2 children.
 As for John Simmons death i have just re checked the death in Royston and it looks good still as it says resident of cudworth which is also where they were when they were married in 1742 bit of a mystery this one i could look for another marriage for Elizabeth but John lived to 80 so its very unlikely, Many thanks to everyone but may have to come back to this at a later date. Rich
Fletcher, Ogley, Shaw, Harvey, Dearnley, Simmons, Rodgers, Oldham, Robinson
Area,s Include - Barnsley, Gainsborough, Sheffield, Everton Drakeholes, Clayworth,

Offline Moonraker55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 24 June 12 22:48 BST (UK) »
Rich
Unlike Caroleanne, I do know a bit about the parish boundaries - because as an historical geographer I am currently studying the ancient history of Cudworth. Cudworth did not become a parish until its population rose to a sufficient level to merit the expense. This happened when the very large numbers of miners, quarrymen and railway workers began arriving to service the large deep mine collieries that were being opened up towards the end of the 19th century and start of the 20th.

Until 1838/9, the township of Cudworth had been a constituent part of the large rural parish of Royston. The parish also included Notton, Woolley, Carlton and Monk Bretton. Then the new daughter parish of Monk Bretton was established and Cudworth became a part of this. Until 1894, that is, when the new parish of Cudworth was established with its church being erected on the High Royd and dedicated to St John the Baptist.

Regards
John

Orchard - Wiltshire, London, Surrey
Archard - Wiltshire
Pleasance - Cambridgeshire, London, Surrey
Fletcher - Middlesex, Warwickshire, Surrey
Morgan - Monmouthsire, Gwent, Illinois
Taylor - Essex, Cambridgeshire, London, Surrey