Author Topic: Robert Molyneux of Simonswood  (Read 11892 times)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Molyneux of Simonswood
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 10 November 11 19:35 GMT (UK) »
Robert Molyneux of Liverpool,ropemaker,
Margaret Wilson of the same parish,
married by banns
12th of October 1786,
witness William Wilson and Thos Wright,
Richmond St Ann
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 10 November 11 19:43 GMT (UK) »
St James Toxteth Park,
2nd of January 1787,
Robery Molyneux ,batchelor,husbandman of this parish,
Margaret Chisnell,widow, of the same parish,
married by banns,
witness Charles Mulinax,and ?Spencer
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 11 November 11 09:14 GMT (UK) »
For the record the Molyneux family were Lords / Earls / Viscounts and owned HUGE amounts of land and property ...Speke Hall and Croxteth Hall amongst them...there was Sir William Molyneux who fought in a Famous battle around 1515 ....try a google for Molyneux at Croxteth Hall / Speke Hall ....allan :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline andi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 11 November 11 12:38 GMT (UK) »
I had heard of the Molyneux's which was why I was intrigued when I found the link. However, as usual, I am probably only related to the poorer side!!

There seems to be a will for the Robert who died 1808 but not the one in 1844. Lots of searching still to do. Happy days
Andi

Offline andi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 12 November 11 08:30 GMT (UK) »
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 10 November 11 19:26 GMT (UK) »   
Banns of marriage between Robert Molyneux,now resident in Kirkby who has resided there all his life,and Ellen Caldwell,now resident in Kirkby who has resided there all her life,were published in this church,
March 20th,
March 27th,
April 3rd 1891,
and no impediment  alleged,
Wm Wise,
the residance of the above named parties is as above,
witness our hand 3rd of April 1891,
Robert Molyneux , Ellen Caldwell
St James,Toxteth Park

marriage,St James Toxteth Park,
Robert Molyneux,batchelor,of this parish,husbandman
Ellen Caldwell of this parish,spinster of the same parish,
married by banns 3rd of April 1791
in the presence of Ellen Caldwell and Martha Molyneux,

This is great Radcliff but where did you find it??? I would like to know if the same amount of info exists for the marriage of Robert Mollyneux - Margaret Chisnel 2 Jan 1787 at same church.
Andi

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 12 November 11 15:23 GMT (UK) »
Every thing I have found for you I have posted ,I have looked extensively using every paying and free site I can access,just keep going ,possibly I will find some thing else quite by accident as that is usually how I find things,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 12 November 11 15:52 GMT (UK) »
I think we could possibly rule out the Robert Mullineux rope maker as there is one buried 12th of May 1787,
abode Frederick Street,
rope maker,
St Peter Liverpool

Offline andi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 12 November 11 17:01 GMT (UK) »
I agree and have discarded that marriage. I've also done an excel doc sifting through the 22 births and think it looks like:

(a)Robert and Ellen Beesley had 5 children between their marriage in 1799 and 1808 when Robert dies. Can't find burial for Ellen.

(b) Robert and Ellen Caldwell had 9 children between their marriage in 1791 and 1812. Ellen dies in 1834 and Robert in 1844.

(c) Robert married a Margery but I think she may have also used Margaret and Mary. The children James (1785) and Ellen (1786) were both bapt in St Mary the Virgin West Derby and St Swithin, Gilmoss (Catholic). Bapt for James says mother Margaret but bap for Ellen says mother Mary for 1 church but Margery for the other???????
The only other distinction is that the births up to 1792 are in St Mary the Virgin West Derby and from 1794 to 1801 are in St Chad's Kirkby and only the last two have abode Simmonswood.

I really have appreciated your input on this as I am currently only able to use free sites which is very frustrating at times.

Andi

Offline lily tomato

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 22 April 12 16:55 BST (UK) »
Robert Molyneux baptised Walton 8 July 1770, married Ellen Caldwell 3 April 1791 St. James, Toxteth, was my 4 x great grandfather.  He was a labourer/gardener for Ellen's father John Caldwell who ran a large plant nursery at Radshaw Nook, Knowsley.  He was married only once to my knowledge.

Someone mentioned, was it,  Jas. Adkins (?) being a mate of Robert Molyneux because he's also witnessed his marriage.  He was actually the church warden and as such he witnessed most of the events at the church!