Author Topic: **COMPLETED** WHISSENDINE marriage 1809 - Cowley & Chambers  (Read 1796 times)

Offline jonwicken

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
**COMPLETED** WHISSENDINE marriage 1809 - Cowley & Chambers
« on: Sunday 20 November 11 13:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi I wonder if anyone may please have access to the above records and could do a look up?

I am wondering what information is on the marriage of Moses Cowley and Martha Chambers who apparently have a marriage entry registered at Whissendine on 2 March 1809.

The following day they married at Northampton by licence, where they both lived. I am therefore not sure why there is a marriage entry in Whissendine.

If anyone can give me any further information on the entry I would be most grateful.

Kind regards,
Jon

Offline taylorwallace

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: WHISSENDINE marriage 1809 - Cowley & Chambers
« Reply #1 on: Friday 25 November 11 17:56 GMT (UK) »
I too have had problems with inaccurate postings on family search for Whissendine in 1809; see my post today on Hine/Lee marriage. I think the records have been incorrectly attributed to Whissendine. Makes me wonder whether the marriage I am seeking will turn up at Northampton!
taylor wallace

since writing above a Northampton rootschatter has told me that the marriage I was seeking took place at Wellingborough by licence,  also the previous day. It seems as though a load of marriage licences were filmed from the bishops transcripts in Northampton and then mistakenly attributed to Whissendine!

Offline jonwicken

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: WHISSENDINE marriage 1809 - Cowley & Chambers
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 27 November 11 22:51 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much for that reply and explanation.

That all makes sense now, as I couldn't imagine what on earth they would have been doing in Whissendine!

Thanks again.
Jon